These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze crashes..

Post by mervinj
Why evertime i click on the waze icon on my htc tilt 2 with windows 6.5 it crashes?
mervinj

POSTER_ID:5552168

Send a message

Post by Daknife
A fix I found was to turn off the setting "Use wireless networks" under Location and Security. Exact reason not known but something like the phone would lose the location briefly when hopping from tower to tower and that constant jumping would cause it to lock up. Once I turned that off and relied only on the GPS signal (and I use a bluetooth GPS antenna for my Galaxy S) it rarely locks up anymore.

I realize this is for a different brand of device, but this may help.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by MacBastion
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue with the same PPC. Are you running a custom ROM? I am using WinMo 6.5 as well, Simplicity version 5.2.28244 (11/12/10), Manila version 2.5.20191912.0 with Radio 4.49.25.95. I have tried this on a fresh install as well, with and without CHT. I also ran this on Athine ROM for about a month but it was the same. What are your system specs? Did you find any answers or work arounds? Oh, I am using the beta Waze 2.1.99.114. I am very curious as to your input
===

I have tried several things e.g. turning off onscreen alerts from other programs like outlook, that cuts it down a LOT.

I have adjusted the A2DP bitpool settings to see if it was the BT causing the problem, I even went as far as to disable BT.

What seems to be happening now is that the screen freezes, not the PPC just the app. you might be driving along and suddenly you stop getting prompts and you stop moving on the map and the screen does not respond. If you press the power button quickly to turn the screen off, and then press it again to turn it back on sometimes that gets it to start working again. Sometimes you have to pres the window key or the back arrow to go down to a home screen, and then press the Waze icon again. Waze just refreshes and realises that "Hey you need me?" and is OK again. I can get away with that about three times before I have to reboot the PPC. What I have found is that is that if ignore the directions given to me several times it does some kind of a funny dance where it does not know where it is and reroutes like 15 times in a minute and then freezes. A couple of times it just cuts out back to a home screen.

I just adjusted the File system Cache settings for the system and the filter, if it seems to have an affect I am going to have Clean Ram monitor system ram and try to recover memory holes. I ride the bike allot from February to December so it may take a while for me to obtain and answer that I am confident in. I am putting a Ram Mount on the bike once I have the carbs back in so it may be sooner that either of us think :-)

looking forward to input and replies.
MacBastion
Send a message

Post by MacBastion
Sense, disable sense. I tried a lot of things, anywhere from disabling AGPS to changing the time and date of the device. (Which BTW if the time and date of your device is not correct for your time zone Waze crashes like mad!) Anyway for giggles I was messing with memory again and replacing the gwes file etc. and I happened to disable HTC sense. No more crashing Waze after closing ran three trips with no issues. I am still not sure if it is a memory thing or a sense thing but maybe this will point us down the path. Since Waze is not being developed for Winmo 7 or 8 perhaps a moot point anyway.

(Android can not interface with the corporate network even if it did there are issues of third party security and proprietary information going through all the Google scrutiny that our IT will not clear. Not to mention that not even the best android office package on my tablet can do some of the simplest things I designed in pocket excel or from my TI-89. ).

Anyway. Try disabling HTC Sense
MacBastion
Send a message

Post by poway67
mervinj wrote:Why evertime i click on the waze icon on my htc tilt 2 with windows 6.5 it crashes?
My tilt 2 crashes some times too I love waze hope this fixes soon.
poway67
Send a message