These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by tigertanghao
I rather waze don't tell me when to leave, when compare with location service on all the time. So I still prefer "location reporting" off. Hope I am not alone.

At least we have option now in 4.0. It was a major issue before for lots of people.
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
"Location reporting" option only available in Waze 4.0. It just released today.
tigertanghao
Send a message

tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
Mine is release 4.0.0.3. Don't know if make any difference. iOS 9.0.2
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
You are welcome. And thanks for confirmation!
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
Another reason I like to "put waze to sleep mode". Because, when I park my car, if I still constantly walk for very long time. Waze will keep running in background. It drains my battery pretty quick, with Waze believe I am still moving. It happened for me a few times already. I parked car, walked in a park for couple hours then my phone was dead. That's why I like to put waze to sleep mode. Especially if I don't sit down for a while after park the car. And sometime I may just forget about it. So I just simply put waze in sleep mode always.
I hope waze Dev Team can do something as well to address this issue as well. Because waze is such essential app. We use it everyday, even the small annoy issue get amplified. Especially the issue involving battery usage. It 's very important for smart phone user. Hope Dev team can hear it!
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
KuniaKid wrote:
jtomalley wrote:
KuniaKid wrote:Switch it off in General tab of settings. "Location Reporting"
If you close the app and location services is not on, you will never get a 'time to leave' notice. To get the notice, you would need to leave the app running in background.
A update for my experience, I have disabled the "location reporting" in waze. It does not use the location service in background anymore.

Even better I can still get the "time to leave" notice. And it's pretty accurate as well. I am a bit surprise to see it actually. But obviously both issues solved for me. I am guessing maybe the "time to leave" is not as accurate as when "location reporting" on. Maybe one or two minutes difference. But more than good enough for me.

Just a update worth to mention. !!!!
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by tigertanghao
jokizwo wrote:Can someone please post a screenshot of a time to leave notification? Thx
Here you go. I have "location reporting" off.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/24 ... d46e52.jpg
tigertanghao
Send a message

Post by Tissues
BARoy72 wrote:Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or is it just me?
I am, Iphone 6s. I deleted the app and reloaded it from the store for the most recent version and as soon as you turn it on the GPS stays on.
Tissues
Send a message

Post by TonyDz76
Where is the time to leave feature? Why do they not simply use the setting Use Location Services while I am using this app, like most other apps on iphones do?
TonyDz76
Send a message