New Version!

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: New Version!

Postby AutoMcD » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 pm

bart99gt wrote:
TarHeelAlumnus wrote:Ok sorry, but how do you report vehicle on shoulder but on the other side of the road? I don't see it...

Why do you feel compelled to do it in the first place?

It is the most abused report type in the app, and if Waze had any sense, they'd remove it completely!

Very seldom is a vehicle on the shoulder a hazard unless there is a narrow shoulder or they didn't pull very far off the road. I've used it legitimately maybe 3-4 times since I've started using Waze back in 2013. Yet most of the time I see the reports, it is on an interstate grade highway with a 10+ foot shoulder and the vehicle is well off to the side, hardly a hazard.

I used it ALL THE TIME for reporting hidden cops.
AutoMcD

Postby bart99gt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:27 pm

TarHeelAlumnus wrote:Ok sorry, but how do you report vehicle on shoulder but on the other side of the road? I don't see it...

Why do you feel compelled to do it in the first place?

It is the most abused report type in the app, and if Waze had any sense, they'd remove it completely!

Very seldom is a vehicle on the shoulder a hazard unless there is a narrow shoulder or they didn't pull very far off the road. I've used it legitimately maybe 3-4 times since I've started using Waze back in 2013. Yet most of the time I see the reports, it is on an interstate grade highway with a 10+ foot shoulder and the vehicle is well off to the side, hardly a hazard.
MAR LAM (W DC Suburbs)
MS/AR/Atlanta Metro AM
bart99gt

Postby KuniaKid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:20 am

Other side reporting has been removed except for accident and police.
KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager

New Version!

Postby tarheelalumnus » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:20 am

My phone just automatically downloaded the new version! Can't wait to drive tomorrow and test it out! The reporting looks like it's going to be a lot easier, any thoughts or opinions?
tarheelalumnus

Postby tarheelalumnus » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:03 am

Ok sorry, but how do you report vehicle on shoulder but on the other side of the road? I don't see it...
tarheelalumnus

Postby vince1612 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:43 am

TarHeelAlumnus wrote:how do you report vehicle on shoulder but on the other side of the road? I don't see it...

You should go ask s2000types what he thinks about it :lol:

Otherwise I would suggest to try to post in existing threads about 4.0 and not open a new topic for every little details.

[EDIT] Please post everything related to iOS 4.0 in the official feedback thread.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Waze App