These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Cannot report on other side with new Version.

Post by
Hi,
I updated to the new Version 4.0.0.3 on my iPhone 5S yesterday. :D
Today when i was going to work, there was a traffic jam on the other side of the road.
I wanted to report this jam but the button for "other side" is not there. :cry:

Other reports, like Police, still have the button. :?:

Is it missing or am I doing somithing wrong?

I tried landscape and portrait mode.

Greetings!

POSTER_ID:5699739

Send a message

Post by b_lindahl
Wow, this is really an annoying move to remove this feature. It really defeats the purpose with such a community driven app as waze is.

In Sweden we hardly have any highways with separated lanes so saying it isn't working is very far from the truth. I use it daily on my commute to work. Adding a warning when switching to other side would be enough I think.
b_lindahl
Send a message

Post by bgelber
I am very disappointed in the loss of the ability to report report both "Traffic" and "Hazards" on the other side of the highway. As a driver on my side of the highway, I am often able to see issues such as an object falling off a truck well before the oncoming traffic are able to see it. I can also see where traffic is building or stopped before cars on the opposite side will encounter it.

It is ironic that the only issue left with the ability to report from the opposite side is "Police". This feature arguably aids many habitually unsafe drivers to avoid getting caught rather than improve the safety on our roads.
bgelber
Send a message

Post by BlakeSellers
I loved reporting stuff on the other side of the road to hell others out. I loved this being in the old version. Now that I've updated to the new version I can't report for the other side anymore. Please bring this option back to the new version. I've been caught in a few traffic jams that could've been reported if this option was available but it was taken away. So bring it back please!
BlakeSellers
Send a message

Post by Chef-Pawl
Not only that...I can't send a report about something on the OTHER SIDE!!! This was an important feature to help motorists traveling in the opposite direction! What's wrong with you people? You can not correct street names because you want to be wrong like the county government or like Google even though the street name is a simple word that is misspelled and the name you have is not a word or in the dictionary!! This app is useless to me and I am a professional driver! How do I get back the ...Let's call it the "Classic Waze!" See, I just fixed your problem! Good job there California!!!
Chef-Pawl
Send a message

Post by Chris1-6tian
Other side of road

You're driving and see a speed camera van on the opposite side of the road.
Seems when you report something the icon which subsequently appears on the map 'sits' on your side of the road.
How does one report something they've seen, in the opposite direction, on the other side of the road..?

Retrospective (past) reporting

You've seen something you wish to report but for whatever reason (road conditions, distraction, concentration on driving) you aren't able to press the report button until maybe a minute after you passed what it was you wished to report.
How does one report something when scrolling back the map to where they've been?
Chris1-6tian
Send a message

Post by Chummy57C
I just discovered this morning that gone missing from the update is the User's ability to designate the location of a hazard, if it affects traffic proceeding in the User's direction or traffic opposing the User's direction. This was very helpful, and I'd like to see this option be returned asap, please. Thank you.
Chummy57C
Send a message

Post by crampey
Have noticed the reporting of a hazard on other side is missing from Android latest update. Always found I used this most. Any reason this isn't there any longer?
crampey
Send a message

Post by DilbertW01
I want to echo my thoughts on the subject as well - please bring back the 'Other Side' option on ALL types of reports. It was very helpful to report the other side of the road issues for fellow Waze-ers.
Otherwise, I like the new interface on the iPhone version. Took a short time to get used to, but it is easier to use for quick access.
DilbertW01
Send a message

Post by dka78
My experience with reporting on the other side is that the report wouldn't be sent to the other side of the street -- at least visually. Instead, it would be on the same side I was on, however, the report bubble would be a mirrored reflection of a report on the same side of the street.

This is glaringly obvious on highways.
dka78
Send a message

general-lee-audi-01
Send a message