Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Route Recalculation issue

Post by joh-nny
Hi,

I have an issue with route recalculation.
This are the details:
I wanted to go from Brasov, str. Turnului nr. 5 to Ploiesti (Prahova) via DN1A (Cheia > Ploiesti)
On my way I went to an ATM that wasn't on my route from waze, so it recalculated via DN1.
Go to routes, select DN1A again and I had drive for about 10 minutes, then, because of the traffic I made a wrong turn and it recalculated again via DN1. Selected again DN1A and he recalculated my route in circle, and he put me on DN1 after 20 minutes of going in circle...
I think this is a bad issue for waze, that is not remembering the route I wanted and it put me on the "Fastest" route anytime he recalculate this.
joh-nny

POSTER_ID:17145942

Send a message

Post by e-shade
I am having the like issue for the last year or so (was too busy to get to post it).
The typical scenario is when I start Waze App, enter destination and then change the road choice (so the chosen road is different from auto-suggested, "the optimal" one).
I start driving and I am getting off the route path (there are few exits from the parking lot and I just pick the one I like more). Waze App detects that I am on the different road and immediately recalculates the road (silently!). I keep driving just to realize later that Waze gives me guidance NOT for the routing I choose before.
The expected behavior (IMHO) is to re-calculate the path keeping the manual route choice (its turnkey points, I guess) intact. Maybe this should be the mode when the driver just starts after road choice, say, within some short distance or time. While I am in the middle of the path, the app should definitely keep the current behavior: making path changes based on the live road conditions (traffic, avoidances, route closures and the like).
e-shade
Send a message

Post by PsstDizel
Please see this thread it sounds just like it.
PsstDizel
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message