These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Why can't I tag objects in the other lane?

Post by AD5TD
With the latest version, I can't figure out how to tag cops and dangers in the other direction of travel. Where is the button or why is this so? I hab no trouble with the previous version.

Also, why are we not alerted to police in the opposite lane? Don't they know RADAR works both Waze?

LOL, I made a funny... :lol:
AD5TD

POSTER_ID:17146779

Send a message

Post by AD5TD
karlcr9911 wrote:Please read through one of the dozen plus threads that already address this item. Thank you!
Well, I'm sorry I can't search as well as you, I found PLENTY of folks complaining about it, but no solutions. If this is the way you welcom new forum members, Sorry I posted.
AD5TD
Send a message

AD5TD
Send a message

Post by AD5TD
Glad to knowing not the only one. The mods here seem to think we're just peons and not worth the time.
AD5TD
Send a message

Post by AD5TD
vince1612 wrote:
AD5TD wrote:Glad to knowing not the only one. The mods here seem to think we're just peons and not worth the time.
Well, Local Champs are not forum mods, we're users like you, with our own lives etc.. but who decided to invest more of our free time by helping others here.
I'm sure that if that was your case, you would also appreciate it if people made a little effort by simply using search or even by looking in the list of recent threads.

As to save you some time I took some of mine.. Check these links:
Cannot report a traffic jam on other side with new Version (Oct 20th)
opposite side reporting? (Oct 21st)

Also mentionned several times in the iOS v4.0 Feedback Thread where anything related to iOS v4.0 should be posted.

As to save you even more time, here is what was said basically:
This was intentionally removed by Waze in this latest release. Beta testers requested they put it back when the app was in beta and they chose not to. They do not have any plans to make this available in other alerts but the more people who request the features return (preferably in the main feedback thread and not in duplicate smaller topics), will (hopefully) cause them to add it back.
AD5TD wrote:I found PLENTY of folks complaining about it, but no solutions.
As Waze users we cannot provide a solution, only Waze can modify its own app. All we can do is advise not to open duplicate threads and to focus your efforts to request it back in the iOS v4.0 Feedback Thread

Thank you, at least YOU took the time to answer a Newbs question. The first person to reply, and did NOTHING, but told me to search, which I did for over an hour, was no help. I assumed they were a "Mod" due to the "Monster Editor" designation below there user name. All they needed to do was say what you did "Waze took it out". It would have been fewer words too.

Sorry to see Waze turn to crap now that Google owns it.

Bill
AD5TD
Send a message

Post by Deltajim
Me too.

In for the answer
Deltajim
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Please read through one of the dozen plus threads that already address this item. Thank you!
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by vince1612
AD5TD wrote:Glad to knowing not the only one. The mods here seem to think we're just peons and not worth the time.
Well, Local Champs are not forum mods, we're users like you, with our own lives etc.. but who decided to invest more of our free time by helping others here.
I'm sure that if that was your case, you would also appreciate it if people made a little effort by simply using search or even by looking in the list of recent threads.

As to save you some time I took some of mine.. Check these links:
Cannot report a traffic jam on other side with new Version (Oct 20th)
opposite side reporting? (Oct 21st)

Also mentionned several times in the iOS v4.0 Feedback Thread where anything related to iOS v4.0 should be posted.

As to save you even more time, here is what was said basically:
This was intentionally removed by Waze in this latest release. Beta testers requested they put it back when the app was in beta and they chose not to. They do not have any plans to make this available in other alerts but the more people who request the features return (preferably in the main feedback thread and not in duplicate smaller topics), will (hopefully) cause them to add it back.
AD5TD wrote:I found PLENTY of folks complaining about it, but no solutions.
As Waze users we cannot provide a solution, only Waze can modify its own app. All we can do is advise not to open duplicate threads and to focus your efforts to request it back in the iOS v4.0 Feedback Thread
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by wbritt99
I can't find it either. How about posting a URL to where it is answered at?
wbritt99
Send a message

Post by wbritt99
I am a administrator of a very large tech community and I know how to search. However, if the search logarithm is weak the returns will be weak also.

Most Mods will help the people that ask for help by providing an answer or URL to the answer. In our forum we will even move the post if need be.

All you originally did was use a cookie cutter response.
wbritt99
Send a message