These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Unable to add places via Waze app

Post by APettyJ
Good day all!

I am currently running Waze 3.9.6.0 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 5.1.1 primarily, as well as a Galaxy Tab 4, Android 5.1.1 occasionally.

For over a month now I have been unable to add new places via the Waze app. On the Note 4, it will not proceed past the picture-taking step, with the camera icon that is pressed to take the picture just shimmering, I guess indicating the system is processing, but it never completes. i can't say the device freezes, as I am able to back out of the feature without problem.

This issue spans over two devices, and two versions of Waze. I first encountered the problem on a Note 4 running the same Android program, but Waze 3.9.5.3(?). I ultimately had to replace that device due to phone damage, but found the place problem continued on the new device as well. Waze subsequently released a new version of the app, but the problem remains. I have attempted to rectify the problem by updating the profile on both devices, but to no avail.

As stated previously, occasionally I run the app on my Tab 4. When I attempt to add places however, it tells me the camera is "unavailable", although the device does have a camera. I am not sure if it is a device-specific problem, or is somehow connected to my problems on the Note 4.

I would appreciate any help. I have submitted a support ticket, but it has been some time and I have not heard from the Waze technical staff. I find this frustrating, as I would enjoy adding new places. Currently I must resort to using URs to mark the location, and then adding the place via Waze Map Editor, however with this method I cannot add pictures, and on a couple of occasions someone else has updated the map before I could get to it. in one instance they then locked the place to an editor level higher than mine, and I was unable to add more detail to the place. Any help is greatly appreciated!

APettyJ
APettyJ

POSTER_ID:17123786

Send a message

Post by APettyJ
Hello again everyone!

Well, after checking in with my area's RC, I've been told I am not on any 'blocked' lists. Nonetheless, I am still unable to add places via the app. In an interesting wrinkle, I am able to take pictures in connection with reports, eg take a picture of a street closure I am reporting, so I know it's not a problem with the app using the camera.

Has anyone else have this problem? What devices do you use? Interestingly, I found another Wazers in my area who has the same problem of not being able to add places via the app, but who can still submit pictures with reports. He uses a Samsung Galaxy S5; I have a Galaxy Note 4. Perhaps it's a bug affecting Samsung users?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
APettyJ
Send a message
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post by DiamondRanch
I'm also unable to add a photo to a place I arrive and was able to before on my S5, but on my Note 4 with 5.1.1 it also just hangs on the picture but won't add it. Anyone find out what's going on? Thanks! !
DiamondRanch
Send a message

Post by DiamondRanch
Anyone found out if waze knows this problem or a fix? Everyone I know with a Note 4 is having this problem? Are we the only ones who add pictures to places?
DiamondRanch
Send a message

Post by Goldwing1200A
Just an update. Still broken. Tickets are being answered with boilerplate. Android 6.0.1 and Waze 4.6.0.1
Goldwing1200A
Send a message

Post by RussPA
I am having the same problem with not being able to take pictures of places. I get to the camera step and when I take the picture, nothing more happens, just stays on the camera like you described. Using 3.9.7 app on Galaxy S5 with Android 5.1.1
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
Not sure if I'm missing something, but I tap Menu, type 2##2 in the search bar and nothing happens, just gives me some search results with 22 in the address. If I go back into Menu, there is no bee icon. Using Android. Restarted the Waze and the phone, but still no bee.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
DiamondRanch wrote:Anyone found out if waze knows this problem or a fix? Everyone I know with a Note 4 is having this problem? Are we the only ones who add pictures to places?
I submitted a bug report on this a couple of months ago and got the "we are aware and are working on it" response, so it seems they know about it. Seems to be an Android issue, hopefully v4 of the app will include a fix, whenever it is released.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Well, version 4 on Android has not solved the problem, still freezes at the camera step.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Interesting, I thought it was all Android versions that had the problem. Were your phones all running the same version of the Waze app? Wonder if the new Android 6 has this issue, it hasn't been pushed out to the S5 yet, at least not on T-Mobile.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US