These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bad Connections? Help Your client program

Post by Uwe24OH
Hallo,

do You have the problem, that the signal strength is to bad to get a connection for Your waze client on Your smartphone? A restart of waze does not have effects?
You can do a little bit, but not directly in Your waze client. The problem is, that the transmitted data volume is too much.
Please make sure, that You firstly will safe the config file under another plausible name, before you will edit the original. It's recommended to notify in a seperate file, which values You have modified. Use "copy and paste", so the search function can help You.
On WindowsMobile You can use an editor like the built-in in the TotalCommander CE. Start it and enter the directory, where You have waze installed (\SDMMC\programs\waze e.g.).
The file You will edit has the name "preferences" and is a simple textfile. The ideal values can be different. I desribe what I did and You will test Your own values.
Modify Realtime.Summary Refresh rate (minutes): from 0.5 to 1.0 to reduce the requests to the network. Yes, there may be a traffic jam too.
Do also with Realtime.Refresh rate (minutes): from 2 to 3.
The Realtime.Comm Check value means, hows often Your waze client will check, if network is present. I made a modification from 1 to 3.
The Effect of this modifications is, that there is not so much traffic between Your device and the network. So old questions have more time to be answered. If You start a question (search for a route e.g.) Your waze client will immedially try to connect. But do not try to repeat questions in short frequence.
Another effect is, that the information on Your screen is updated not so fast. But You can use it in regions with a not so good connection.
Because this is a problem of the waze clients generally, it will work also under Apple iOS, Android...

What you also can do:
Disable all apps, they want connect to the internet (weather, facebook e.g.). If You don't need it, disable additional network functions in waze (Foursquare...).

If You have more information, please let me know it. Fine would be a software update, what the waze client automaticly let check the quality of the network and reduce the data volume by switching off sending of not essentially needed informations.

Enjoy
Uwe24OH

POSTER_ID:4779748

Send a message