These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze ignoring traffic congestion?

Post by IrwinMFletch
The other day Waze suggested a route to take to my home. Knowing that the freeway begins to get congested on this particular day/time, I checked Inrix - where I can quickly get a 20 mile view of all roads around me. Found the freeway in red due to an accident. So I pan/zoom/pan/zoom/pan/zoom/pan/zoom and finally locate that spot in Waze - in red there also. So why suggest I take that route???

Inrix has saved me countless times because it remembers my last view which is typically the 20-miles around my home. So I can always bring it up and essentially leap into the sky and check the roads before I leave.

Why can't Waze do that? Most of the time I don't need help "navigating" somewhere, I'm just running random errands. I should be able to start Waze and tap a button to get a 10 mile view around me. Then I can decide if there are any roads to avoid.
IrwinMFletch

POSTER_ID:3940483

Send a message