These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Suik
Improvement also on my Wildfire, much more stable, I think I had just one FC. The display refresh rate is also better, but still delayed. Delay rises after I report something or interact somehow with waze.
There are quite often issues to find an alternate route, when I do not follow instructions intentionally (sudden change of route due to some reason), which result in the "favorite" Hups-message :(.

Based on other users' feedback, I still assume it is the HW of the phone as root cause :)
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned
almosthttps://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3.png
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V, Samsung GS7 stock Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.18.0.1
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko

Post by Suik
Personally to me it seems, that waze v3 is capable of route recalculation in a timely manner when I am driving outside cities i.e. not that complex roads & streets structure. The less options to drive, the quicker the recalculation. When driving in the city, the recalculation takes from 2 minutes to forever (does not recalculate even if I finished my trip already).

Plus it seems, that when waze is not able to recalculate the route for longer time (cca. 5 minutes) it looses somehow data connection and is not able to re-connect until shutdown and waze restart.

EDITL: I forgot.....there are again this routing server issues pop ups appearing quite often.
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned

Post by Suik
harling wrote:I have identified a workaround for the lagging-display bug (follow the trail of links for description & history) that I have been experiencing & profiling since the pre-3.0 betas.

When the client is stuck as per this bug, turning off the phone's display or switching to a different app will allow the pending routing request to go through normally. (If you turn the display off, Waze will sometimes reactivate the display once it "wakes up" with the route.) So while I'm driving, if I leave the chosen route for some reason and it starts to recalculate, all I have to do is turn off the display, and it will come back with the new route in just a few seconds.

If you have experienced this problem, please report if this workaround is effective for you.
for me it means to either put the phone to standby mode, when I switch off the display...and I hardly believe waze is able to turn it on by itself :)...or...opening other app while driving...not really safe, as I'd like to touch the phone during driving as least as possible (reporting incidents is something else ;) )
Suik
Send a message
The one that returned

Post by sundedo
Waze locked up on me today when it rotated to landscape. It caused my phone to reboot.

Droid Bionic
Waze 3.0.1.1
Android 2.3.4
sundedo
Send a message

Post by swallowingled
I'm curious what this means

* Running in background issues

I had no issues before downloading today's update but now Waze seems to want to run in the background even after I turn it off. It turns off if I open another app but then automatically turns itself back on (running in the background) when I close that other app. I would think tapping the "turn off" or "switch off" button would shut down Waze completely but it doesn't.

I'm using a Motorola Atrix with Android version 2.3.6

Thanks.
swallowingled
Send a message

Post by Swiiney
Too bad for me. Still not usable since display is unreadable. Letters are replaced by dots...

Going back to latest 2.x version...

Using Samsung galaxy 551 with android 2.2...
Swiiney
Send a message

Post by the1who
I have a bit of a problem with these 3.0 versions. I am tempted to go back because it is frustrating in a way. I don't remember how it behaved before, but I am tempted just to install the old version for comparison. But I guess someone could argue that it wouldn't be a fair comparison because of the different software models and code running from 3 and 2?

I never had so much problems with the network handling as I do with the 3.0 versions (including the betas in 2.99).

Listen, I don't know if it has been mentioned, it very well might have been, but I hope that they have noticed it and are working on trying to fixing it. I run the Nexus S 4G phone, and it isn't loaded with bloatware. In fact, it didn't make a difference if I was running Gingerbread or the ICS 4.0.4, they both act up under what I call, certain circumstances. And frankly, I think it needs fixed, and rather urgently because I see that as a major downfall, and producing navigation errors as it did with me.

I have tried this with Google Navigation today to compare, and I don't get the same effects, it tracks along with me just fine, in and out of network coverage area changes. But when I run Waze, it reports me as stopped and then throws the pop-ups of events nearby. It also will put me on certain side streets, and then when I look at the route history in Waze, it says that my GPS reported I was on that street, but come on...I am not some fool, I do more with my phone than just run an app, I am very analytical of how my phone operates, the limitations, the accuracy. This phone has a better GPS compared to a Vibrant I used to run, and even the version 2 of Waze on the Vibrant didn't give as much of problems.

So I am tempted to try to run version 2 as a comparison to show that I am not dreaming this up, that there is legitimately something going on, be it from over processing that it wants to overreact to sensor data, to handling network coverage changes better? And this doesn't matter if I have 4G on or just running 3G, but I would say it is potentially worse with 4G, but hey, I'm going to flip flop here on this because it seems like it equally does it on 3G. I can almost predict when it will happen on 3G, and it is going on the highway, from the tower in my town to the tower in the next town. I can plot it with network.sprint.com to show the towers and I am sure I am going to notice it more at freeway speeds than say at 35mph in town speeds, but I have seen it do the reporting of no GPS, not necessarily an error, but the 0mph indication even though it moves with me on the map, on 35-45 streets.

I don't know all the facts, but I personally feel, in my opinion, that Waze is not processing the data in a way that could be actually better and less error prone. I mean, what is Google Navigation doing differently in the data for the sensors and GPS that could be ported or implemented to Waze? I'll be a test bed but I figure if I don't say something, nothing will be done about it, so here is some feedback, not to be flaming the issue, but please fix it.

On another positive note, the better handling of the landscape errors in ICS, much better! Thank you thank you! The update came faster than me getting on here to say or mention it too. Thank you for the fast updating that is going on, for a period there last year, it seemed like dev was not going on at all, my hope has been restored! Thanks for all you do, and let me know if there is anything else I can submit to help in this targeting of the problems.

Matt
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by the1who
Maybe someone could collaborate this, but I thought about this while writing a PM after that post last night. What if my selection of network location is really messing with it more than ever? I'll give it a try today, and in fact, I am going to be running a clean install as well, just by chance.

Side note, I couldn't make or receive calls yesterday at all, I could do anything data wise, text and browse, but phone calls were always getting busy tone. I had to factory reset phone, so I'm running clean install again. This time, i'll try with network location off, relying purely on GPS.

I hope it makes a difference, I think it is part of a good theory to try, and I'll be trying today. It is easy to forget, I haven't found a widget necessarily to quickly turn on/off, so have to make that determined case to remember before running Waze this time. My GPS fixes are as good, if not better, than my Nuvi 350, here in the house, using GPS tools and watching fix times. I usually fair <30 seconds to lock, in most cases, <10 seconds.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100

Post by thefatveganchef
Ok I have been using it for a couple of days, both in and out of navigation mode. It seems to be doing a lot better with keeping up the pace, expecially the slow down when in navigation mode and you go off it's recommended path. I haven't yet had the opertunity to go off the recommended path while eating cookies yet. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

It also seems to be better bonded with foursquare as well. I think the only time I had to rebond was after my first check in with this beta. Thanks for that one. Although (And I dont' know if this is FS or Waze) it does take a while for it to respond to you clicking on a locatoin before it gives you the check in page, there have been times where I have clicked on it again thinking that it didn't catch my touch and it has checked me in twice.

GPS still takes a lot longer to get established and it doesn't keep a good connection with the GPS. Before it was before the blue splash screen was done, now it can take a few minutes after, which is when I am already driving. It also is a lot more flakier with keeping cell tower connection. I tried to be observent as to if I was on edge, 3g, or 4g, and what my signal strength was, and it didn't seem to matter. Today on my way to work I was on a 4g with full bars, and still had network connection drop outs.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Driving into work today I was unable to report a car that was stalled out in the middle of the road because Waze was not able to grab on to the network connection. (No Network connection error). It was in the city and I had a full 4g connection. (Insert comments from previous thread(s) here:)
thefatveganchef
Send a message