These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SanD-82
Hello.

Way back, I stopped using Waze for a number of reasons...
I got back to Navigator, from Google, which is close to perfection...

But many months have come and gone, and I decided to give Waze another try....
It's better than before, but further work is needed...

These things really annoy me:

- There's no real difference between roads that have traffic report from the ones that do no have them... Why is this annoying?, simple: if a see a non-coloured road, right now it may mean "no traffic jam", but also could be "no traffic info about this road"... I understand that right now only the jams are reported, but many times I got on the freeway and got stuck because no previous reports where avaiable, and everything looked good on Waze... You should consider color coding these situations... Maybe green where actual reports say that traffic flow is fluid?... And then leave the non-coloured code to the roads where no traffic data is available...

- When I'm stopped at a traffic light, many popups appears warning me about traffic reports from a 5km radius (I set it up that way)... Information displayed on this screen is not really accessible... I mean, there's a box that basically takes the entire screen, and in the back you 'can see' that the map relocates to the area where the jam is... Information about the location is pretty scarce too: "moderate traffic at some street near some neighborhood"... I think it would be better if the legend was smaller, and we could ACTUALLY SEE the MAP... We would then be able to see how many blocks are affected, and such things...

- I'd like WAZE to be more autonomous... For instance, if i'm on a highway where speed limit is 80 km/h, i'd like waze to automatically start warning if I'm doing 40-50 km/h, with no human intervention... Also, would really like that when i report something, most information would came from Waze history, and not from me... For instance, I'd love to just press "report - traffic jam", and then Waze would compute the level of warning depending on information I'm sure it has (like average speed, route, and such)...

I'm not a big fan of using the cell while driving...
So when I use a GPS, I expect it to be smart enough to limit my input as much as possible...
I still think Waze has a great potential... =)

Cheers.
SanD-82
Send a message

Post by segfaultex
Does the speedometer skip speeds for anyone else? I drive on quite a few 55mph roads and try to drive ~60mph but the speedometer on waze never seems to show 60. I can be at 59 or 61 its like it jumps no matter what I do i cant get it to read 60. Does anyone else have similar issues?

I'm running android 4.0.3 on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
segfaultex
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android 4.0.3 CM9 Nightly

Post by shrike1978
Any navigation app that has the capability to route from you contacts list is going to have that permission.
shrike1978
Send a message

Post by sisnetdaniel
Caros senhores;

Tenho enfrentado seguidos problemas para enviar mensagem com fotografia anexa a mensagem no Waze. Depois de duas tentativas é que consigo postar algum alerta com a foto em anexo.

Dear sirs;

I have followed faced problems sending messages with picture attached in the message Waze. After two attempts is that I can post some warning with a picture attached.
sisnetdaniel
Send a message

Post by sisnetdaniel
Realmente, a maioria das vezes que tenho problema na utilização do waze é quando minha conexão 3G apresenta problemas de sinal durante o percurso. Sempre quando acontece isso deixo o celular se acertar sozinho. Normalmente depois de bons minutos de espera o Waze volta a funcionar normalmente. A única coisa que não consigo realmente é enviar avisos com fotografia anexada. Minha conexão 3G não suporta a transferência de dados e fico sem rede uns bon minutos... Mas depois volta ao normal seu funcionamento, o alerta é enviado mas sem a fotografia em anexo.

Atenciosamente;
Daniel Schenkel

Actually, most of the time I have problems using waze is when my connection shows 3G signal problems along the way. Always happens when I leave the phone if you hit yourself. Usually after a good minute wait Waze back up normally. The only thing I can not really send warnings with photo attached. My connection does not support 3G data transfer and I get no network minutes a bon ... But then back to normal operation, the alert is sent but without the photo attached.

Sincerely;
Daniel Schenkel
sisnetdaniel
Send a message

Post by southdave
Samsung Galaxy SII v2.3.3

After i installed the new version i am still having a few issues. Whenever it has crashed i have sent off the logs.

The new release does appear to be getting quicker and quicker.

The default setting after install for Unit was KM again instead of what i had set it to (Mile). I have reported this for each upgrade i have performed.

I have also got a bit closer to pinning down all my crashes.

Every single one i have seen since the upgrade to 3.0.1 has been tile related and i have been able to reproduce some of them just by navigating around. I have tried a cache clear as well as re- caching my ocal tiles

Most of the issues i can see (as i don't have my eyes on the screen all the time im driving) are when i increase my speed and the map zooms out, it then struggles to draw/download the tiles, hangs for about 30s to a min and then offeres up Force Close. Sometimes if i leave it i find that i am still being offered navigation direction via voice in the background with the force close in the foreground. Not knowning the code but this might be related to some tile code (downloading / displaying) not releasing back to the OS regularly enough for Android to be happy (stuck download/display thread etc).

The last issue i am still having is related to the overlay that displays the the directions (at the top of the screen) and the time/distance/speed at the bottom. Often they will all just turn grey but the background map will continue to update and i will continue to get voice directions. If i select Menu/report while in this state either the dialog window will all be grey or the whole screen will go grey (back key returns to map with grey over lays). This usually does not lead to a crash but i close and restart to get the rest of the graphics back.

Kepp up the good work and i hope you can fix some of the last crashes as it is by far my best GPS tool i have on my Android at the moment.

Dave
southdave
Send a message

Post by Spil
aSystemOverload wrote:Not sure if there is a more upto date feedback thread, but just wanted to say that I really have issue with the 'roads disapearing above 40mph'. It was always good to see roads around you to give you a approximation of where you area. Also if you are not using Waze to route you, just to provide feedback back to the network, and you're driving on a 'street', you end up with no roads at all around you.

Can I officially ask for that to be made an option, so those of us who know what we want, can disable/enable it. If you don't want to do that, you could always just dim the surrounding roads rather than getting rid of them completely.
There is such an option ... just turn off the "AutoZoom" feature.
But yes, this is a major problem with the 3.x version, and it needs to be fixed. :x
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by stiab3
Since I upgraded to 3.0.1.1 I have no maps.

Waze will happily give me a route but there's only a line and no map.

It says "proceed to route" to begin. And I'll drive parallel to the shown route and it will still give that message. My journey time will remain the same throughout the journey. . . as if it doesn't recognise that I'm actually travelling the route.

Luckily, I know where I'm going so I don't actually need waze to guide me.

I get all the traffic alerts etc. But I just can't see the map or use it to navigate.

Any ideas?
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stiab3
fotrik wrote:
stiab3 wrote:Since I upgraded to 3.0.1.1 I have no maps.
I get all the traffic alerts etc. But I just can't see the map or use it to navigate.
Any ideas?
Try to deinstall Waze, delete the complete Waze directory and then install it again. If it doesn't help, the information about your device model and firmware will help the developers.
So far that seems to have helped.

I can see a map now. I'll know more when I drive somewhere.

For the record:
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 4.0.2.

s3
stiab3
Send a message
. . . still a long waze to go.
Area Manager - South Lakeland

Post by stuffhappens
Today while driving (not navigating), I turned a corner but Waze didn't follow the turn and so instead of the map facing the direction of travel, it stayed like it was before the turn and my car logo eventually disappeared off the left side of the screen. I re-centred the map on my current position but the same thing happend about 20 mins later. Never seen that before.
stuffhappens
Send a message