Android 3.0.1.0 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.0.1.0 official feedback thread

Postby leopascual » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

fotrik wrote:
leopascual wrote:Hi,

I just installed on my android the beta 3.0.2.3 and became myself as a registered beta tester however I still can't make changes to my map nearby, even if I report issues on it, how can I get permission to do it or it still not available for my region?

thanks.

If you are on the Europe (world.waze.com) server, this can be because it's being updated and no new routes are now uploaded to the profiles which gives you also the permission to edit the map around. If this is your case, please wait about a week more until it's done and you see the new routes in your dashboard.

Hi thanks for the reply, I wish I was from Europe :lol: I am from Honduras, Central America. I have noticed new users on my city every day, even this is a third world country I am impressed how great the app works in our capital, not even latitude is this exact and the navigation option from google maps is not available for this region, but as always since we are so few there's a lot of map errors that I would gladly fix if possible. Thanks anyway.
leopascual

Postby fotrik » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm

leopascual wrote:Hi thanks for the reply, I wish I was from Europe :lol: I am from Honduras, Central America. I have noticed new users on my city every day, even this is a third world country I am impressed how great the app works in our capital, not even latitude is this exact and the navigation option from google maps is not available for this region, but as always since we are so few there's a lot of map errors that I would gladly fix if possible. Thanks anyway.

Greetings to Honduras!

1) do you see the recent routes in your dasboard? This should give you the permission to edit the map a mile around the routes. Have you tried to turn on the "editable area" layer in the map? Stays the area bright or does it go dark? It can be a problem you should report to support.

2) If you see the editable area and still cannot edit, the road segments can be locked by somebody with higher level.

And BTW, we are a bit off this topic. For further communication in the forum I recommend to create a new topic in the Map section.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby foxitrot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:20 pm

leopascual wrote:
fotrik wrote:
leopascual wrote:...I still can't make changes to my map nearby, [...] how can I get permission to do it or it still not available for my region?

If you are on the Europe (world.waze.com) server, this can be because ...

... I wish I was from Europe :lol: I am from Honduras, Central America. ...

Actually it is the same server, better should have been called "all 'round the world except the North America and Israel".
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 pm

A new version is available in the Play Store. Please download and install it. You can post feedback for the new version here.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Previous

Return to Waze App