These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Instant Sex Change

Post by rotus8
I have my client set to speak with the male voice. I find sometimes during a drive with navigation, the instructions at times are spoken with the female voice, then sometime later it reverts back to male. I think the female voice happens when there is no network connection, or at least it is when the navigation goes awry such as I don't take the turn suggested. The male returns when things are normal again.

Also, my phone has a built in text to speech facility - it would be cool if Waze used that as it is quite configurable for speaker customization with downloadable alternate voices.

Edit: My phone is a Galaxy Nexus.
rotus8

POSTER_ID:5453237

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This topic is more than three years old. In accordance with the Forum Rules please do not reopen topics that are more than six months old.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by gettingthere
Yes, you have correctly noticed that Waze will generally revert back to minimal TTS mode and the minimal TTS voice if your route is re-calculated without a connection to Waze's server. It tends to go back to full TTS mode when your network connection is restored and the TTS data can be downloaded from Waze.

Most annoying for me is the change in volume between the voices.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by siriaquez
Is it still the case?
siriaquez
Send a message