New beta version for iOS- 3.1.0.996- Official feedback post

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: New beta version for iOS- 3.1.0.996- Official feedback p

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

FrisbeeDog wrote:Music continues to play as the iPhone status bar shows the play arrow and the car stereo shows song time counting up, just no sound after the first spoken TTS.

I wonder where the audio from the Music app is going too? :? Does that app also show that it is playing audio? What output device does it show?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am

Audio is better, but still problematic. The thing is, I'm not sure if it's directly Waze's fault or a combination of how often Waze wants to play audio and when set to output to speaker, when iOS forces the other app to pause audio, that there isn't a glitch in iOS too.

My experience today was different and not what has happened before either. I have BT streaming to my car (per usual). I had Music playing an audio book over BT and started Waze. No pause on the audio stream, so that was good. I set Waze to use the speaker for output and started out.

Things went fine until I decided to find out if it would play the turn prompts when not the foreground app. I tapped the home button to get back to the springboard. Immediately, the audiobook volume dropped to near zero. I had to crank up the car stereo nearly all the way to get it to be audible. Bringing Waze back to the foreground restored the Music app volume for a moment, but then it stopped; that is, the Music app paused, the playing icon in the status bar went away. Waze did not play any turn prompts again. The only way to restore the turn prompts was to exit Waze and start it again.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Between your logs and mine, FrisbeeDog, I hope they found the glitches. This is a pretty fast beta turnaround again.

Topic closed due to new beta.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Can't wait to test this, the music staying low bug has dogged me on and off since iOS v2.0!
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby FrisbeeDog » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Music app seems to restart on start-up; however, Waze pauses (not really paused or stopped but audio is dropped) the music for me at the first spoken direction and never restarts. So it is partially fixed...

iPhone 4S
iOS 5.1
Connected to car stereo via dock connector
Waze audio (TTS directions) output to iPhone speaker

Music continues to play as the iPhone status bar shows the play arrow and the car stereo shows song time counting up, just no sound after the first spoken TTS.
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog

Postby FrisbeeDog » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
FrisbeeDog wrote:Music continues to play as the iPhone status bar shows the play arrow and the car stereo shows song time counting up, just no sound after the first spoken TTS.

I wonder where the audio from the Music app is going too? :? Does that app also show that it is playing audio? What output device does it show?

I'll check that tomorrow morning on the way to work.
Level 6 Editor
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog

Postby FrisbeeDog » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 am

Same experiences for me this morning (music playing through iPhone Music app, continues playing but no audio after first spoken direction). I checked and the music app shows output to "Accessory Connected: Dock Connector".

Once I backgrounded Waze to check music output, TTS started coming out of my car speakers as opposed to the iPhone speaker which I have set as Waze output. Bringing Waze back into the foreground put TTS back to the iPhone speaker.

I backgrounded it again and TTS shifted to car speakers. Foreground, iPhone speaker. None of this triggered music audio to be heard.
Level 6 Editor
FrisbeeDog

Postby FrisbeeDog » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am

I tried things in a slightly different order this morning. I plugged in the iPhone to the car stereo via the dock connector, but instead of listening to mp3's through the 'Music' app I just left it on the radio.

I then started Waze and began my drive to work. TTS was working fine through the iPhone speaker (my preferred way of using so that I can listen to the radio and get directions at the same time) until I decided to see what would happen if I started listening to mp3's through the 'Music' app AFTER Waze was already going (as opposed to before which is what I usually do).

So through my car stereo I selected the AUX input and my music started playing. At the first need for spoken directions TTS got through about 4 words ("In about 1 mile...") and then cut off. It never returned after that and my mp3's kept playing.

Logs sent...
Level 6 Editor
FrisbeeDog

Postby gettingthere » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Problem that has existed for a while.

Sometimes when Waze is displaying reports when the Waze is stopped/driving less than 5 mph - the map scrolls too slowly to each report. In addition, the map scrolls too slowly back to the current location when the reports stop. I would estimate that this occurs 5% - 10% of the time.

Another comment related to reports - as frequently reported. When I Waze going to either adjust the size of the report box so that the map of the report area can be seen vs. being hidden under the report text box? Another option would be to not center the report on the screen but to center in the area that is displayed below the report text box. With the way that it works now there is nearly zero benefit to scrolling the map to the area of the report since you can't see the map under the report text box.

And while I on reporting things that have been requested to be fixed for a long time. When is Waze going to allow the Wazer to only show the pop-up reports on route - or better yet only on the portion of the route that has not been driven?
Wazer in San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Waze 3.7.8
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi guys,

A new beta release is ready for you to test!

Full link: itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/versions/iphone/3.1.0.996/adhoc_3.1.0.996.plist

Changes:
- Fixed music volume stay low after a phone call
- Fixed music paused/muted when Waze turned on
- Fixed Prompts not played in background when set playback to speaker
- Other bug fixes

PLEASE NOTE: right now our beta group is full. Those of you who are already in the group - a notification for the new beta is waiting in your mail. If you didn't receive it, please contact us (beta@waze.com)

Thanks!
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Next

Return to Waze App