These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by TestExpress
I was able to fix the issue. As I was preparing the factory reset, I saw that the NetworkLocation service was shown as frozen. I don't know why, but I knew that this might be the problem...

As it was not possible to boil it (System Tuner said "Unable to boil application"), I've performed the following steps:
1. Uninstalled the NetworkLocation.apk (located under /system/app) with System Tuner
2. Extracted the apk from the Firmware Image (/system/app/NetworkLocation.apk)
3. Installed the apk (--> User application)
4. Moved the application via System Tuner to the system apps

Now waze is working fine again! So I saved the time for performing a complete factory reset and reconfiguration of all the app...
TestExpress
Send a message

Post by X14NH
With CM9 on Galaxy Ace I can't get GPS fix. GPS icon does not even appear in the notification bar.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
X14NH
Send a message

Post by zCougar
I had the same problem after I upgraded Waze to 3.0 on both CM7 2.3.4 and CM9 4.0.3. After some time these disappeared. Clean install is also helpful but there is some other bug I have also seen later. Sometimes when Waze crashed and asks to send crash report after next start then this dialog also crashes and so on and so on. So far I haven had a chance to figure out why it happens but after some time these issues are disappeared itself.

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis

Post by zCougar
Another issue I had with ICS was that from one random moment it was keeping reporting that there is no network connectivity and just exited. Then I went to the file manager and removed all contents of Waze directory. After that basically Waze reinitialized itself and did work again. Some preferences like username was still there (probably in db). At the time I lost the favorites. Only complete reinstallation retrieved old favorites from the server.

Elvis is dead ;-(

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis