These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.1.0/v4.2.0

Post by
To continue the discussion and feedback on the latest iOS release. (previous thread)
Waze wrote:What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Support for taxis! Define your vehicle type in Navigation settings to get routed on lanes designated for taxis
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Waze wrote:What's New in Version 4.2.0

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by a0k47
any update on this item?

Bug # 203
When the app is started in landscape mode on an iphone the maps are in portrait mode, half the map is cut off. You need to rotate the screen to portrait then back to landscape to fix it. Really annoying
a0k47
Send a message

Post by AaronCtNinja
nestum wrote:
DrCarlosHarris wrote:Since this last update, waze for iOS constantly uses my location services. Even when the app isn't running. I only have two options now. It's either always or never. What happen to the only when the app runs? I had to uninstall because my phone stays hot now and my battery drains faster.
Same issue here, but i disable the location services... because of that i've started to use it mutch less.
I have the same problem, I think they should fix this issue ASAP since this will generate people to stop using the app. Personally I used waze almost everytime I drove to avoid traffic jams but since I have to constantly change the location services settings I am forced to migrate to other apps. Hope they solve this soon.
AaronCtNinja
Send a message

Post by AlLimPeaceful
after new updates i cannot control my waze from my pioneer AVH8750BT appradio mode. is this a bug or waze just dropping the appradio control?
AlLimPeaceful
Send a message

Post by brett_x
Please stop Waze from using Location Services when I'm not running the app. Like others have reported, I have the outlined arrow constantly (even if I kill the app) until I turn off location services for Waze.

I do not wish to be tracked unless I need to know something. "Don't call me, I'll call you".

I like Waze, but this will ultimately be a dealbreaker as I don't use it that often and there is no benefit for me.
brett_x
Send a message

Post by Captain-killjoy
I've noticed a couple of things in the lastest version:
  • This is a biggie for me: My company has a database of all of our accounts. Within this list is the account address. We have a link titled "Send to Waze" which opens Waze and searches for the address. This worked perfectly up to Waze version 4.1.0. Now Waze simply opens but doesn't search. We are using the exact format described here https://www.waze.com/about/dev. This worked just fine up to this version.
  • This is a little on the minor side, but it's still a pain: When reporting a road hazard you no longer have the ability to report it as on the other side of the road. I think this was the same in the previous Waze version but I know it was available before that.
  • Finally, as I think others have mentioned, Waze user avatars are so small on the map now as to be virtually unreadable. How about offering a setting where we can scale them?
Captain-killjoy
Send a message

Post by Captain-killjoy
tonytx05 wrote:
Captain-killjoy wrote:I've noticed a couple of things in the lastest version:
This is a biggie for me: My company has a database of all of our accounts. Within this list is the account address. We have a link titled "Send to Waze" which opens Waze and searches for the address. This worked perfectly up to Waze version 4.1.0. Now Waze simply opens but doesn't search. We are using the exact format described here https://www.waze.com/about/dev. This worked just fine up to this version.
Are you sure your links are using lat/long and include &navigate=yes? I use the same functionality and am not having any issues.
The following is an example of the format our links are in: waze://?q=5000%20West%20Mequon%20Road,Mequon,Wisconsin,53092
Like I said, these were working perfectly up to the latest version. We've changed nothing on our end.
tonytx05 wrote:
Captain-killjoy wrote:This is a little on the minor side, but it's still a pain: When reporting a road hazard you no longer have the ability to report it as on the other side of the road. I think this was the same in the previous Waze version but I know it was available before that.
This has been covered repeatedly in the forums why this is not currently an option.
I understand that, but this is a feedback thread for the current version and I just want to voice my disappointment regarding it.
Thanks for the reply!
Captain-killjoy
Send a message

Post by CDHiggi
Missing (not delayed) points -- while I recognize that missing points are probably due to server-side issues, I am routinely missing points for my ~300 mile trips that I make twice a week (ie, 3,000+ points each week). This is NOT an issue of delayed points. Instead, the points just seem to get dropped on the floor. This happened for two trips in January, three trips in February, and last week as well (although theoretically last week could still be delayed).
CDHiggi
Send a message

Post by ChrisAttebery
I switch between Waze and Music often. Lately Waze seems to quit running in background and when I switch back to it asks me if I want to continue my previous trip.

iPhone 4s
iOS 9.2.1
Waze 4.1.0

I try to only keep 2-3 apps running while I'm commuting.

Any suggestions?

Chris
ChrisAttebery
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
Waze wrote:What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Support for taxis! Define your vehicle type in Navigation settings to get routed on lanes designated for taxis
What are the actual changes?

Since I'm not a taxi driver, I see no reason to update.
Updating is risky on a piece of software that seems to get worse over time.
Coxymla
Send a message

Post by Coxymla
tonytx05 wrote:
shayl21 wrote:Hello, may I ask why your new iPhone version started collecting my location even when the app is closed?
I answered this just above your post.
That doesn't quite answer the real question, which is why does Waze feel the need to disable the "Only while using" option for Location Services.

Really I blame Apple, they shouldn't even allow that option to be disabled by unscrupulous app developers.
Coxymla
Send a message