Candy

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Candy

Postby darkneon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Wat word dan gezien als "edit" en wat als "change"

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: https:///zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

Postby subnurbs » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm

So does it meant 750. Points for every 500 map edits?
subnurbs

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Candies for editing are based on edits, not changes per the counter in the editor. If edits aren't processed right away by the server, they may be queued up and a couple days processed all at once, which would give you more than expected number of candies for only a day's editing. Usually, they are pretty reliable in daily processing. I can do edits at work during lunch and get 1-2 candies as soon as I leave for home 4 hours later.

I'm aware that changes are different than the counter on the editor, and I thought I was pretty good at estimating changes by counting multiple segments when mass editing. But sometimes when I expect 3-4 candies I get only one during a trip and the rest will pop up on a later drive that same day or the next day. Other times they all come at once. The mechanism for when candies are given out is mysterious, regardless of how many are due.

Right now I could be backed up a little bit on candies; since the last Android release I've had an issue where my icon will face a random direction at an intersection while I'm stopped and often that's when they decide to give out a candy. It'll pop up on the wrong road! Then when I miss it I won't get any more for the rest of the drive. It's such a common occurrence that I'm beginning to suspect the client secretly hates giving me candy. :lol:
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Spil » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 pm

CrackedLCD wrote:... I've had an issue where my icon will face a random direction at an intersection while I'm stopped and often that's when they decide to give out a candy. It'll pop up on the wrong road! Then when I miss it I won't get any more for the rest of the drive.

Stop the client and restart it ... that candy should return (at least at the next intersection). Also, a way to avoid that happening is to use navigation mode. As long as you stay on the prescribed path, you shouldn't miss any candy (because regardless of which way your car icon might be facing, the candy will always be placed on the navigated route, at least as far as I've seen).
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Spil wrote:Stop the client and restart it ... that candy should return (at least at the next intersection). Also, a way to avoid that happening is to use navigation mode. As long as you stay on the prescribed path, you shouldn't miss any candy (because regardless of which way your car icon might be facing, the candy will always be placed on the navigated route, at least as far as I've seen).

I've done that (restarting) and sometimes it works, but other times it's a half hour or more before the candy reappears. If my drive is short enough it doesn't show up again at all until the next long drive.

I'll give navigation mode a shot. It never once navigated me anywhere properly in my own area so I quit using it. I know where I'm going all the time here anyway! Of course that was before I had editing rights and became an area manager, so things should be a little more tidy now. ;)
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby cferguson4809 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 am

I actually not received any candy in quite some time. Even some of the candy that I should have gotten as bonus points I haven't got.I drive 400 + miles a day is that kind of thing normal
cferguson4809

Postby darkneon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:04 am

If you don't edit you won't get candy unless you're in top 3 Wazer in your country or finish the goals in the candy reward list.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: https:///zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

Postby porubcan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:09 pm

I recently got "report 1st map problem" candy, the last one missing. Seems they finally fixed this one too.

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gwbasic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:23 am

gettingthere wrote:Maybe for the reason that Waze should not and does not want to distract you when you are driving 65 mph?

65 mph is “nothing” when one lives in Germany, but I do agree your point ;-) It’s a good policy.
gwbasic

Postby vince1612 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 am

This thread is from 2012. Please avoid posting in such threads, they most often contain very outdated information and links.

The most recent thread about candy or goodies can be found here:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171507
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to Waze App