Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Candy

Post by
Since I contribute heavily to the Waze community (like over 30,000 pts in 8 days), I regularly get 750 candy popping up on my screen. However, sometimes it pops up when I load the client sitting at home or something, when I can't just go out and drive for it. When I go for my next drive, the candy is gone. Sometime later, new candy appears. Does the client ensure that all candy due to a user is successfully delivered at some time?

POSTER_ID:6159883

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Candies for editing are based on edits, not changes per the counter in the editor. If edits aren't processed right away by the server, they may be queued up and a couple days processed all at once, which would give you more than expected number of candies for only a day's editing. Usually, they are pretty reliable in daily processing. I can do edits at work during lunch and get 1-2 candies as soon as I leave for home 4 hours later.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by autourdupc
I never seen candies in France ?
What do you do to have them on map ?
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Spil wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:I never seen candies in France ?
What do you do to have them on map ?
Should be available anywhere. Just make 500 map edits (not just 500 "changes" counted on the editor, but 500 edits), then drive, and the 750-point bonus candy should appear (see my notes quoted at the top of this page).

And it looks like I've finally caught up (at least for now ;)) ... only got 1 last night on my way to work, even though there were 3 additional opportunities for a candy to be placed after that. Ah well, it was a nice run ... back to WME with me now! :D :lol:
500 map edits :o
Are you working ?
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by cferguson4809
I actually not received any candy in quite some time. Even some of the candy that I should have gotten as bonus points I haven't got.I drive 400 + miles a day is that kind of thing normal
cferguson4809
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Does anyone understand the logistics of getting candy beyond what's already been covered in this thread (coming to a stop first, letting the Waze speedometer read 0)?

I'm a pretty active editor, but the way the client hands out candy is such a mystery sometimes. Like today, I only did a little editing (roughly 500 edits) yet I picked up two candies on one afternoon drive and three more a few hours later.

How does the system determine when to hand these things out? I did lots of stop and go driving on both trips today, all under highway speeds. The two candies this afternoon came at about 10 minutes apart, but the three this evening were spaced out over about an hour of driving. Two came at ~50 mph. (And contrary to some earlier posts, I have received candy whilst on the interstate at 70-75 MPH!)

The reason I'm curious is I thought I got all caught up on candies after not editing much and not receiving any over two days of driving. Then suddenly I'm back in sugarland with 5 total today but only minimal editing today. I'd love to know if these are "stored up" candies randomly doled out or if I triggered some threshold today and got them as soon as I went to the car.

On the one hand Waze seems to be up-to-the-minute on points and goodies, with the points on my client usually matching or close to the points in the editor. But the Dashboard is always way behind. It doesn't make sense sometimes how Waze does things. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Candies for editing are based on edits, not changes per the counter in the editor. If edits aren't processed right away by the server, they may be queued up and a couple days processed all at once, which would give you more than expected number of candies for only a day's editing. Usually, they are pretty reliable in daily processing. I can do edits at work during lunch and get 1-2 candies as soon as I leave for home 4 hours later.
I'm aware that changes are different than the counter on the editor, and I thought I was pretty good at estimating changes by counting multiple segments when mass editing. But sometimes when I expect 3-4 candies I get only one during a trip and the rest will pop up on a later drive that same day or the next day. Other times they all come at once. The mechanism for when candies are given out is mysterious, regardless of how many are due.

Right now I could be backed up a little bit on candies; since the last Android release I've had an issue where my icon will face a random direction at an intersection while I'm stopped and often that's when they decide to give out a candy. It'll pop up on the wrong road! Then when I miss it I won't get any more for the rest of the drive. It's such a common occurrence that I'm beginning to suspect the client secretly hates giving me candy. :lol:
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Spil wrote:Stop the client and restart it ... that candy should return (at least at the next intersection). Also, a way to avoid that happening is to use navigation mode. As long as you stay on the prescribed path, you shouldn't miss any candy (because regardless of which way your car icon might be facing, the candy will always be placed on the navigated route, at least as far as I've seen).
I've done that (restarting) and sometimes it works, but other times it's a half hour or more before the candy reappears. If my drive is short enough it doesn't show up again at all until the next long drive.

I'll give navigation mode a shot. It never once navigated me anywhere properly in my own area so I quit using it. I know where I'm going all the time here anyway! Of course that was before I had editing rights and became an area manager, so things should be a little more tidy now. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by darkneon
Wat word dan gezien als "edit" en wat als "change"

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
If you don't edit you won't get candy unless you're in top 3 Wazer in your country or finish the goals in the candy reward list.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
darkneon
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Yes

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status