Candy

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Candy

Postby gerben » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 am

foxitrot wrote:Does the recent editing candy look like Image this? Does anyone know the file name the recent clients are using for candies?

It does look like that. I was not able to locate the file for it... The candy01 file is still the purple one.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Postby khaytsus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Spil wrote:
RallyChris wrote:For some reason they will not appear when driving at high speeds like on a Freeway.

That's because the candy pop-up is triggered by starting again after coming to a complete stop (where the speedometer on Waze reads zero -- may take a few seconds of sitting at the stop sign or light before it gets to zero). Once you start moving again (to establish which direction you're headed), the candy will then appear at the next junction between segments. :)

I was about to post on this and googled enough to find this post. ;) I wish this would be addressed, heavy editors are perpetually behind on 750 candies. I drove about 4:30 yesterday, 300 miles give or take, and only picked up about 6 candies because it was pretty much straight onto the interstate, drive for 150 miles, off the interstate. I know I have more pending, and it'd be nice to catch up on them. :)
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

Postby Spil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:12 am

khaytsus wrote:... I wish this would be addressed, heavy editors are perpetually behind on 750 candies. I drove about 4:30 yesterday, 300 miles give or take, and only picked up about 6 candies because it was pretty much straight onto the interstate, drive for 150 miles, off the interstate. I know I have more pending, and it'd be nice to catch up on them. :)

You and me both :D -- I had a four-week stretch without mobile data available (hence no candies dropped for me), and I hadn't finished catching up from that before embarking on an editing rampage during a 5-day weekend with almost no driving. :D I've spent the last several days now catching up on such candies -- I picked up a dozen yesterday, and three or four more this morning (with more to come when I leave for work shortly).

Eventually, it'll get caught up for you. The best way to do this is to make sure that you have Waze on even when you're just driving around town (got four yesterday just from driving back and forth to my sister-in-law's house 6 blocks away, and I can usually get 2 or 3 on a round trip to church, when I don't walk the 2 blocks instead). Short trips with lots of stop signs and turns -- that's the ticket to getting all of your earned editing candies collected. :D
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil

Postby khaytsus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am

Spil wrote:You and me both :D -- I had a four-week stretch without mobile data available (hence no candies dropped for me), and I hadn't finished catching up from that before embarking on an editing rampage during a 5-day weekend with almost no driving. :D I've spent the last several days now catching up on such candies -- I picked up a dozen yesterday, and three or four more this morning (with more to come when I leave for work shortly).

Eventually, it'll get caught up for you. The best way to do this is to make sure that you have Waze on even when you're just driving around town (got four yesterday just from driving back and forth to my sister-in-law's house 6 blocks away, and I can usually get 2 or 3 on a round trip to church, when I don't walk the 2 blocks instead). Short trips with lots of stop signs and turns -- that's the ticket to getting all of your earned editing candies collected. :D

Yeah, I generally do keep Waze running, even on short trips... Dropping the kid off at school I usually pick up 4, to work and back usually 4.. When I bury myself in the editor and don't look up for hours, I find myself picking up candy for 2-3 sometimes more days without any further editing.. heh..
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

Postby Spil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 am

khaytsus wrote:... for 2-3 sometimes more days without any further editing.. heh..

How do you do that? If I tried going 2-3 days without editing, I'd get a bad case of the shakes ... serious withdrawal issues, dude! :lol: :lol: (But yeah, don't tell my wife that it's possible to go 2-3 days without editing -- I'll be in big trouble then! :lol: )
Spil

Postby autourdupc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:09 am

I never seen candies in France ?
What do you do to have them on map ?
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Spil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 am

Autourdupc wrote:I never seen candies in France ?

Should be available anywhere. Just make 500 map edits (not just 500 "changes" counted on the editor, but 500 edits), then drive, and the 750-point bonus candy should appear (see my notes quoted at the top of this page).

And it looks like I've finally caught up (at least for now ;)) ... only got 1 last night on my way to work, even though there were 3 additional opportunities for a candy to be placed after that. Ah well, it was a nice run ... back to WME with me now! :D :lol:
Spil

Postby autourdupc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:37 am

Spil wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:I never seen candies in France ?

Should be available anywhere. Just make 500 map edits (not just 500 "changes" counted on the editor, but 500 edits), then drive, and the 750-point bonus candy should appear (see my notes quoted at the top of this page).

And it looks like I've finally caught up (at least for now ;)) ... only got 1 last night on my way to work, even though there were 3 additional opportunities for a candy to be placed after that. Ah well, it was a nice run ... back to WME with me now! :D :lol:

500 map edits :o
Are you working ?
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby CrackedLCD » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 am

Does anyone understand the logistics of getting candy beyond what's already been covered in this thread (coming to a stop first, letting the Waze speedometer read 0)?

I'm a pretty active editor, but the way the client hands out candy is such a mystery sometimes. Like today, I only did a little editing (roughly 500 edits) yet I picked up two candies on one afternoon drive and three more a few hours later.

How does the system determine when to hand these things out? I did lots of stop and go driving on both trips today, all under highway speeds. The two candies this afternoon came at about 10 minutes apart, but the three this evening were spaced out over about an hour of driving. Two came at ~50 mph. (And contrary to some earlier posts, I have received candy whilst on the interstate at 70-75 MPH!)

The reason I'm curious is I thought I got all caught up on candies after not editing much and not receiving any over two days of driving. Then suddenly I'm back in sugarland with 5 total today but only minimal editing today. I'd love to know if these are "stored up" candies randomly doled out or if I triggered some threshold today and got them as soon as I went to the car.

On the one hand Waze seems to be up-to-the-minute on points and goodies, with the points on my client usually matching or close to the points in the editor. But the Dashboard is always way behind. It doesn't make sense sometimes how Waze does things. ;)
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Candies for editing are based on edits, not changes per the counter in the editor. If edits aren't processed right away by the server, they may be queued up and a couple days processed all at once, which would give you more than expected number of candies for only a day's editing. Usually, they are pretty reliable in daily processing. I can do edits at work during lunch and get 1-2 candies as soon as I leave for home 4 hours later.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App