These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

No Street name at 1000 feet?

Post by mikeerage
Is it just me or does Waze not announce the street name at 1000 feet or whatever is the second to last notification.

It says "in 1000 feet turn right", and then it says "Turn right onto Main St" when I get to the turn.

I think the 1000 foot mark is the most important one to give the street name because I am very close and need to look for the actual street, without having to look at the screen.
This has been occurring for as long as I have been using Waze and I cannot find a fix.

Thank you,
Rage.
mikeerage

POSTER_ID:17100440

Send a message

Post by JB15TM
This is not a glitch. It's likely just to reduce verbal clutter. You get a name announcement early and also at the turn. The others are just distance updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JB15TM
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by mikeerage
Just noticed this very old post of mine. However the problem still exists, even in 4.x. The second to last prompt, either at 1000 feet or half a mile does not say the street or expressway name only the turn as mentioned before. Is this by design? As it seems very limiting.
mikeerage
Send a message