Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.0

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.0

Postby whatnt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Do you know if those old files made available on un-reputable third-party download site have been tampered with? If not, it would not be a good idea to use or recommend their use.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby whatnt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:22 pm

crickets3 wrote:
whatnt wrote:Do you know if those old files made available on un-reputable third-party download site have been tampered with? If not, it would not be a good idea to use or recommend their use.

If Waze doesn't want people downloading previous versions from other sites, they should make those versions available themselves so that their customers have a choice about which version they use.

People are going to have to make their own decision and do their own research about whether to download version 3.9.8 (the only earlier version I can in any way vouch for, because that's the one I'm using) from that site, and would be doing so at their own risk if they choose to. However, I've read many comments on this board from people who have had their phone keep crashing, Waze not getting a GPS signal, not displaying correctly,and other problems after downloading Waze version 4.0.0.2 from what would be the usual "reputable" sites, so to me that doesn't sound good, either. From what I've read here, 4.0.0.2 came out with bugs and problems that have supposedly been known for a long time, so I'm not surprized that so many people are unhappy with it. For people who would rather go back to previous versions of Waze that worked well for them, their options are limited. I'm just providing one option, as it was provided to me. People can do what they wish with that info.

If Waze doesn't have your specific device to test, how could they possibly know?

It is nearly impossible to test software on every device of every carrier. So hiccups are expected. Welcome to the world of Android. Give them a chance to work things out. If people would disclose their device, carrier, and OS version, it is more likely that problems will be fixed for them. Otherwise, it is virtually impossible.

But encouraging the use of something that you don't know hasn't been messed with isn't a good idea.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby whatnt » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:08 pm

Successful gas price submission:
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby whatnt » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:58 pm

I notice that the option to search only destination results of Waze's own database has been removed. Instead, it is replaced with "Search Results" which gives a combination of results from all sources.

Many third party providers often give incorrect suggestions, and often never fix them. Having the ability to limit results only to Waze is very important. I used provide the steps to Wazers. But now the whole process of finding Waze's own results is extremely cumbersome, even for me. I doubt that casual Wazers would do them!

I hope this returns.
whatnt
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby wiggers » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:20 am

Sending ETA is still very baffling. I hit the Send ETA button and it says TO:. I type in the name of the contact I want to send to but it fails to find them. So I have to hit More, then select the method of communication and then type in the name of the person again!

It would be a lot simpler to have a setting for the default method of communication and then just one screen where you enter the name of the contact. If you're leaving in a hurry, already late, the Send ETA is frustratingly complicated!
wiggers

Re: How do I delete favourites?

Postby wiggers » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 am

MattWiggans wrote:I'm running 4.0.0.2 on Android Lollipop Galaxy S5. Despite reading every other post I can find no way to delete a favourite. Swiping either way just routes me to the favourite. The Edit button just allows me to reorder them. I can push them to the top of the list or the bottom, but it will NOT let me delete.

This is very annoying. On trips I often add important locations to Favourites to make them easier to find. After the trip I want to remove them ready for the next trip. Now I just have them cluttering up the list.
wiggers

Re: How do I delete favourites?

Postby wiggers » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 pm

a4bolek wrote:https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6314373?hl=en&ref_topic=6273402 Scroll down to "Favorites & History"

This is broken in v4.
wiggers

v4.0.0.2 is so fully of bugs, please fix!

Postby wlau » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 am

I don't know what's going on, but after the Google acquisition, every new version means more and more embarrassing bugs. Are the development and QA team off enjoying new Google perks and forgot to check their work?!

Here are the major issues - I have reset the app and also tried uninstall/reinstall but no luck:

1) calendar sync no longer works - all permissions given but it cannot pull the address of an calendar event.

2) forced phone number sync - even if calendar sync is turned on in Settings, the navi menu's calendar sync still think it's off. When i tap that selection, it forces me to complete the phone number sync

3) phone number sync broken - the app SMSs a pin number to my phone, which was received as a SMS. The app someone senses the pin SMS and said verification was successful, but then only to prompt me to re'sync the phone number, as if the previous phone number sync did not occur

4) Avoid Toll Road does not work - I have the option turned on but it keeps routing me through toll road even when non-toll road options are available. It was working perfectly in previous versions.

5) Avoid Freeway does not work - I have tried to enable this option when there is major freeway jam, but the app still routes through the busiest freeway. It was working perfectly in previous versions.

6) Random crashes - my Samsung devices almost never crashes, but ever since the new version, the phone crashes and force reboot frequently when running Waze in the foreground

7) random Text to Speech funk - This new version would pronounce direction in random languages. In one short drive, I heard English, Chinese and French, without me changing the TTS language

8) TTS pronunciation issue reappeared - whatever new language models that were deployed recently, it mis-pronounce 30%+ of street names. Even ones in SF Bay Area and near Google's campus.

Having 4.0.0.2 for less than 1 week, I am ready to dump Waze completely... Every good features of Waze that draw customers in, are broken in 4.0.0.2
wlau

Postby Woebag » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:29 pm

ca77738 wrote:I recently updated to version 4.6 and had to re-setup my preferences. I prefer navigation in KM's but have found that the Settings -> General -> Unit now seems to always revert to Miles on app restart.

I am having the same issue. Using Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S7 Edge, Waze Version 4.0.1.1.

Whenever I restart Waze, Units reverts back to Miles from Km.

Any idea?
Woebag

Postby wombat43026 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:43 pm

The new version is fine, but the one problem that keeps me from using Waze still exists (I see posts going back years about this). Bluetooth play/pause controls do not work when Waze is in the foreground. This is the only app I have found that causes this. This makes listening to audio while using Waze (a pretty common set of activities) very awkward.
wombat43026

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App