These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.0

Post by
Waze wrote:WHAT'S NEW

Version 4.0 introduces a fresh new design for easier navigation, reporting, and sharing.
• Significantly reduced battery consumption.
• Fewer taps to start a drive, send locations and directions.
• New ETA panel organizes everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way, or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
• Smart reminders to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and drive times.
Pages 1 to 53
Waze - March 30th 2016 wrote:Version 4.0.1.1
What's new:
Bug fixes.
Pages 53 to 72

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
I have Waze 4 running on a LG G4 with Android M. I don't feel as negative about the new version as some do, but one thing that is strange is the calendar alerts are always a day early. If I have a hotel stay on Friday, and it says so in my Google calendar, Waze will pull it and show it on Thursday. As others have mentioned, it asks me to set the address for the event, which does save, but it never does any good if Waze is trying to make me go there a day early.

Also, what is with making color schemes stored in private data? Although this is a minor move, it seems to really go against the whole community-driven basis for Waze. Just let people display the app the way they want and share their schemes.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
kaydee2 wrote:
randcon wrote:
kaydee2 wrote: This is quite a common report and if you read the whole thread (yeah, like who does?!) the answer is to delete the app completely and then do a new download and sign in again - should have that functionality back.
Actually, this does NOT fix the problem. Out of 6 devices this issue occurs on that we have access to (all android) it "fixed" it on 1. The rest continue to have the issue - until we back-rev to previous version.
Sorry,

On the two different devices I have, it worked for both ........ Only reported as found for me and as mentioned by other people in the thread
I have had the same problem. One thing that sometimes works is a simple phone restart. Another thing that always works, and basically does the same thing as reinstall but quicker, is to enter ##@resetapp in the search bar. It will wipe away your previous searches and settings, but it should make the gas prices report icon come back. For more information on special codes, check out this wiki page https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Search_codes
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by A3VI2RD
Hi to everyone, i have a problem, i recently upgraded My Sony Xperia Z5 to Android Marshmallow and the app is not working, it not show the road and is malfuction, thanks to the administrator and congrat.
A3VI2RD
Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Fuel prices setup is missing from Menu. Fuel prices button is missing in Reports Menu. :roll:
Screenshot_20160310-060625.png
(57.34 KiB) Downloaded 6320 times
Screenshot_20160310-060638.png
(149.94 KiB) Downloaded 6321 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
okladriver wrote:
par129 wrote:Why do I not see the gas station button in the bottom right menu on this new version? It was there last night in the old version.
Tap search like you're going to type in an address and you should see an icon for it.
Of course this works only if you are able to set up your fuel preferences. ;) Otherwise you get Uh-oh!
Screenshot_20160310-072549.png
(34.85 KiB) Downloaded 6295 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CBenson wrote:
par129 wrote:Why do I not see the gas station button in the bottom right menu on this new version? It was there last night in the old version.
a4bolek wrote:Of course this works only if you are able to set up your fuel preferences. ;) Otherwise you get Uh-oh!
Some had this issue for all the beta versions as well. Uninstalling waze from the Andoid settings and reinstalling brought back the gas price reporting button in the betas (for some ##@resetapp had the same result). But this means waze data is deleted from your phone so you need to relink to your account.

This also seemed to work to fix some issues with the search tabs and some network connection problems in the beta releases.
I know how to fix this but millions that are updating to this version right now don't. Most don't know this forum exists.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
ddirgo wrote:Am I the only one who can't see the speedometer? It's gone and the toggle in the settings doesn't seem to do anything.
"Clean" install will fix this and many other issues like favorites, missing gas menu options.

Make sure you know how to get access to your account before. On first screen start with "Already a Wazer?"
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
If I thought I could downgrade, I would. But I didn't save the old APK.
That's easy. http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/893/
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=180608
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
GaborTabi wrote:Hi!

I have a Note 5 (SM-N920C) with the latest 6.0.1 update installed. There seems to be a serious rendering problem with Waze on this phone, my suspicion is that the software somehow uses the wrong driver or display mode on the phone. Please see the attached screenshots to see what I'm talking about. The day/night setting changes nothing at all, the route is very thin so the software is unusable as it stands. It is as if all texture info is missing.
This looks like corrupted schema file. Uninstal Waze, find and delete Waze folder then reinstall from Play Store.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1