These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Yamineko16
Cool, thank you
Yamineko16
Send a message

Post by zombpj
Hello everyone!
I hope that Waze staff at least read these posts. I'll add my experience since 4.x version update.
I use Samsung Galaxy S3 phone I9300 international with 4.3 Android (ArchiDroid 1.7.18 + 3.0.31-2716176 kernel).
Mostly I like new interface, some features are quicker to reach - that's nice. But there are some problems I am stuck with.
Since update all blackbox apps I used, stopped working correctly - tried 3 different (AutoBoy blackbox, DailyRoads Voyager, AutoGuard), none of them now able to record more than 1min 30sec of video working in background, even less. They just stop or force close. Alone without Waze running they work fine.
Once I've noticed error stating something about "unable to initialize camera" - this wasn't the case with previous Waze version - everything was smooth. Does Waze now wants "exclusive access" to camera and microphone? Why the hell?
Sometimes Waze alone starts to act strange - screen starts flickering like strobe effect, but navigation continues to work and between this strobe effect map is seen and speedometer works. After couple of seconds or minute strobe effect stops and everything continues as nothing wrong.
Then there were random timing (5 minutes, half an hour, hour... +-) between Waze force close without error or warning - just some blinks like strobe I mentioned earlier, then white screen for couple of seconds, and off it goes. Start again - works fine some random time. Also strobe effect is intense while blackbox app is recording video until it closes - then Waze stops strobing also.
I don't understand what is so screwed in this version regarding CPU, GPU, Camera and microphone usage, but it is screwed. Must I look for newer phone just to bypass these problems? BS**t!
I will try to install previous version.
Blackbox app on phone is good addition, so I don't need to buy additional junk electronics to hang in car window and impair view. With Waze 3.x blackbox apps all three I mentioned earlier, worked fine in background. And Waze also didn't force close for hours of driving.

Good luck fixing problems!
zombpj
Send a message

Post by ztower
Started w/Waze when it began and had no trouble until new version. Now stops for no reason. 3 hour trip stop 3 times and gave up.
ztower
Send a message

Post by Zunkman
Overall, I'm happy with the new version - except for the calendar.

I get notification on my Android Wear Watch that tell me when to leave. There's even an option "Open on phone to navigate." When I hit that, all it does is open Waze. I still have to MANUALLY type in the address of the event. I think that's rather dumb. The app knows my calendar, it knows where the event is, but yet it won't automatically guide me to it. Version 3.x used to do this correctly. Why did you change something that worked?
Zunkman
Send a message