Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

"Waze requires location" pop-up -- can it be disabled?

Post by Marsgov
Every time I start the app, it displays the "Waze requires location" pop-up. I have GPS enabled, but for reasons of privacy I do not have Wifi-augmented location enabled - in fact, I have an app that disables Wifi unless I'm in specific locations.

In essence, it appears that Waze is insisting that I enable Wifi each and every time, despite what my preferences read.

I find this highly annoying to say the least, because this pop-up interferes with my attempts to navigate. Any ideas?
Marsgov

POSTER_ID:17037049

Send a message

Post by jonnaz
Certain devices require WiFi to be on to assist with the GPS chip (I'm not going to pretend I understand why). I would suggest that the developers have taken this into consideration.

Check with your device manufacturer or Operating System developer for further information on this.

I would suggest that you have had a lack of response as you have decided not to include that information in your initial post.
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message