These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kittymeow2
I and the others i checked are all using the iphone 6 ver 9.2
kittymeow2
Send a message

Post by KOKDI03
Shad0w94 wrote:"NO GPS. Showing approximate location."

how to fix this problem?? im using iphone 5 ios 9.2.

'
KOKDI03
Send a message

Post by krysalyss
I have a moto pure also and having same problems with gps as the others have stated. Have been a user since Waze started and never had GPS issues until now. It's annoying when I'm driving and it thinks I'm a few streets over. Or when I stop at a stoplight the map starts spinning. When I have directions set, it will all of a sudden start yelling at me because it thinks I went of course! Please fix soon. Now that I know this is a Waze issue, I have no choice but to use Google maps for dependability.
krysalyss
Send a message

Post by kubiakWU
In the past week or so I have started getting this message whenever I try to use Waze: "Waze is connecting to GPS"

Eventually I will get a message saying "No GPS. Showing approximate location." Or, I will get a message saying that it is unable to connect to the internet at all and to try again later, then it won't show me any directions at all.

Google Maps works fine, as did some other map app that I downloaded as a test. Location services aren't an issue with any other app either. I am either on WiFi or have strong cell service everywhere I've tried to use it.

Any advice? I want to keep using Waze, I love it and I've used it for 4 years! But, it's practically unusable in this condition.

Phone INFO: Pixel 2XL, Android Ver 9, Jan 5 security patch
kubiakWU
Send a message

Post by laspurs
Since I updated to iOS 9.3 I have no GPS Reception. All the resets have not fixed it. I uninstalled Waze and reinstalled it. That did nothing other than lose all my favorites, What a pain in the ........
laspurs
Send a message

Post by laspurs
ProDriveHappy wrote:I have been experiencing a No GPS for one week now. I have followed procedure, Privacy settings, even re-installed after hard reset.
I am in contact with Apple and have reset Privacy and Location services and reset Settings, all to no avail.
Why am I having this issue?
Not just you unfortunately. Apple are very quiet on this, there are loads of threads on the Apple forums about the GPS issue. Here's a few:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/73 ... 0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/message/30004734

https://discussions.apple.com/message/29996649

People have done all the resets and restores, as have I. Nothing fixes it.

The second last person on that first thread just bought a brand new 6s and is having the same issue. It's a nightmare.
laspurs
Send a message

Post by lbchicaiza
Same thing for me in a Galaxy S3, a few days ago Waze starting lose the GPS signal.
lbchicaiza
Send a message

Post by lebarros
I am also having the same issue. No GPS connection.
:(
lebarros
Send a message
https://i46.tinypic.com/2rfshzl.png Leandro Barros
Waze 3.7
iPhone 4S
Rio de Janeiro/RJ

Post by Leemet
Same problem on Sony Xperia V: after updating to Android 4.3, GPS is not working properly. However, other apps (Endomondo, Sports Tracker, Navigon, MapFactor, etc) using GPS are more or less coping with the problem, losing satellite lock for few seconds every now and then, but Waze has become completely useless. It never gets lock at all and if it does, then for a brief moment only. And when GPS is locked to the satellites by some other app and you launch Waze, lock is lost immediately. Is there any solution around for that issue?
Leemet
Send a message

Post by LesPepper
I have the same problem with iPhone 4S, have set the iPhone Location settings but cannot find the extra settings that are supposed to be set within the Waze app.
LesPepper
Send a message