These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by lucaflo26
Today ii lost the signal in center off the city . The navigation is showing correct location but the Waze is just around my location. iPhone 13 Pro IOS 17.2 
lucaflo26
Send a message

Post by lucazen
This issue appear also to me very often, lost gps signal when google maps get fine instead.

Only after numerous attempts to restart waze / gps i can navigate normally. At now I have not yet understood where is the problem.

I've LG OPTIMUS ONE with android 2.3 and latest version of Waze.
lucazen
Send a message

Post by lucidmida
I searched for this topic before posting and I didnt find it, although that seems unlikely because i know this is a common issue with the newest version.

No matter what I try, waze no longer can find gps on my android phone. I made sure location was on, high accuracy is on, my phone does not have assisted gps so I cant turn that on but i also downloaded gps status & toolbox and reset agps and that didn't help either.

I guess waze no longer works on my phone after update and there is nothing I can do about it. I havent updated it on my tablet and it still works fine, but i don't have data on my tablet so I can't use it outside of the house when I am on the road. Why can I no longer use waze at all on my android phone? It has been fine for years and after one update, it is unusable. I am very frustrated

Is there ANYTHING else I can try?
lucidmida
Send a message

Post by LucmaLafortune
xxleexx wrote:"NO GPS. Showing approximate location."

how to fix this problem?? im using iphone 5 ios 9.2.
very easy, I had the same problem.
I am using iphone 5 ios 9.2.
''NO GPS. Showing approximate location''
go on SETTINGS.......
.......GENERAL.......
.........RESET........
first, reset location & privacy
second, reset network settings.
good luck :lol:
LucmaLafortune
Send a message

Post by lwg120
Same issue with my bosses iPhone 6S. We've done all the typical: reboot, delete/reinstall app, called Verizon and even took it to an Apple Genius who verified that the GPS was fine on the device. GPS works fine on all other apps, just not Waze. Has been an issue for several months. Please, someone provide a solution!
lwg120
Send a message

Post by magicvibe1
Hello , I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.2 , and when trying to use Waze it says No GPS , showing approximate location , I have contacted apple and they say it is a problem of Waze and the app , I also tried opening Waze on a friends phone and the same error appeared , we all need this sorted out please ...
did a hard reset of the phone , resetted network settings , deleted Waze app , and loaded it again ... when I placed my username and password it did not recognize them so I lost all my info and points and had to do a new account , total nightmare :oops: :oops: :oops: Please sort it soon and give us some answers
magicvibe1
Send a message

Post by ManyeeCheng
I'm desperately waiting for a solution as well. Using a new Galaxy Note 5 and have uninstalled/installed Waze twice (Version 4.0.1.1) but still got error message 'No GPS. Showing approximate location.' Appreciate any help.
ManyeeCheng
Send a message

Post by Mark16805
When touching the report button I get the message "Sorry, no GPS signal in this location. Please make sure you are outside."
Everything else works, it finds me, navigation works, directions work, you just can't make any reports. I did all of the trouble shooting listed in support and in the e-mail I received.

Using a Galaxy S5 Active.

I removed the new version and put on version 3.9.9.0 and everything worked correctly. I updated it to new version again and as soon as I try to make a report I get the no GPS signal error.
Mark16805
Send a message

Post by Mark16805
I tried the app GPS Test and it didn't work on my Samsung Galaxy S% Active.
Mark16805
Send a message

Post by Mark16805
I still have the No GPS error when I touch the report button. I found out today that if I hold the report button, 3 icons appear and if I slide my finger (don't lift up) to an icon, I can make a report. After sliding to one of the three icons and not making a report and I touch my phoned back button, I get all of the options. I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.
Mark16805
Send a message