These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by markdaynes
I've managed to sort out my GPS not working problem.

My waze GPS stopped working on my galaxy 3 about 3 months ago and I have only just managed to get it fixed.

Because it was working intermittently before finally stopping altogether I had the feeling it was a physical problem, something loose. Like most of us I drop my phone a few times, nothing major but enough to perhaps dislodge something.

anyway to cut a long story short I manage to resolve the problem by taking the phone's back off and tweaking a few things. I have explained how I fixed my waze GPS on youtube in the hopes of helping other sort out their waze GPS Not working. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLqh62Zl9Y0
Hope this helps..
markdaynes
Send a message

Post by markuskallander
Same problem, Nexus 5, Android 4.4.2, Waze 3.7.7.0 and 3.7.8.0.

dananthony11 wrote:I am also experiencing this problem. My specifics:

* Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - At&t
* Android Version 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
* Windshield mounted unobstructed view of sky
* Google maps works perfectly when I switch over after getting the Waze GPS no signal alert.

I try shutting down Waze and restarting it, turning off/on gps on my phone, but nothing. It comes and goes. I'm a fairly new user so I don't know how it worked in the past.
markuskallander
Send a message
Android 4.0.2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Post by marvelvsc3
Same here, it loses Gps signal in San Francisco, CA happened 5 times last night :( it really made me looked bad because I had passengers with me :( Google maps No issues at all. Waze gps no signal and it goes back after a minute or so but I keep losing it 4 minutes after? I have a samsumg Note 4 with T-Mobile. I love waze but this is making me switch forever now.
marvelvsc3
Send a message

Post by mattlach
This type of behavior is a known problem with Galaxy phones.

I had it all the time on my S3. Not sure, but the same issue might exist on Note phones.

Here is how I fixed it:

Remove battery cover (and probably battery) on back of phone. Tighten all the little philips head screws.

replace battery and cover.

Your GPS should now work flawlessly again.

The galaxy phones require intimate contact between two layers of the design in order for the GPS antenna to make contact. Unfortunately it seems they had manufacturing issues when it came to the tightening of these screws. (Maybe some locktite would have helped?)

Read more here.
mattlach
Send a message

I had 3 iPhones in a row. (original > 3G > 4) NEVER AGAIN!

Post by MelmoMaggins16
For the past few weeks I have not been able to really use waze because it always says searching for network and no GPS. How do I fix this? I made a new account because I forgot the email and password for my old one when I uninstalled the application on my iPhone 6
MelmoMaggins16
Send a message

Post by meneni
I tried all the sugestions and the same message remains. I am very frustrated.
meneni
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Where do you keep your phone when driving? On your lap, in your glove box, on your window? It has to be a phone location problem if 2 devices have the same result. Otherwise, it "could" possibly be a cellular network coverage issue?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by MGODLEW
The way this reads, you had the same problem on the iphone 5 as well..
ekwkoo wrote:Thinking that it might be the hardware problem with my new iphone6+, I switched to use iphone5 but had the same problem too. Before I used WAZE with Samsung s4 and with no problem. Can anyone please help?
How is your network coverage when get the error? No cellular signal? On 2G? Is the Pioneer radio support Apple Car Play? Maybe there is an issue with that? Do other gps apps work? Apple Maps?
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
Appears its an issue you'll want to contact Pioneer about if other GPS apps have the same problem
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MicheleSpartano
Hi to all!

I've a similar issue described above with my Galaxy S2. Tested on CyanogenMod 11 M7 (Android 4.4.2), SlimKat <i-don't-remeber-version> (Android 4.4.2) and CyanogenMod 11 M8 (Android 4.4.4).

I used Waze for 10 days with Cyano11M7 and the GPS connection has worked fine.
After some days, the GPS connection begins to get worse...and now during the navigation Waze loses the GPS signal most of the time.

I thought that there is a firmware problem, so I flashed with the firmwares indicated above, but the issue still remains.
I thought that there is a hardware problem, so I tested with the "GPS Test" and "GPS Fix and Toolbox" apps. I noted that these tools detect that GPS works fine but when I turn on Waze the GPS Toolbox shows a discontinuous connection.

Today, after flashing with the CM M8, I sit in my car an turn on Waze but I have the same issue. So, I try to switch to Google Maps and....surprise...the navigation works fine. I had no disconnections!

I think that the Galaxy S2 has not the best GPS hardware in the world, but I don't understand why the behavior of Waze is changed, while G Maps works properly.

If anyone has an explanation, it really is welcomed!!

PS.: some posts above I read that on Galaxy it could help to fix better the internal screws.....I will try also this!
MicheleSpartano
Send a message