Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by nick-louse
and guess what it worked perfectly this morning.
nick-louse
Send a message

Post by nick-louse
nick-louse wrote:and guess what it worked perfectly this morning.
and now it has started playing up again. Monday morning to work no issues. but on the way home it took over 5 mins to pick up any GPS signal. and today on the way to work the same issue. All other apps that us GPS have no issues.
nick-louse
Send a message

Post by nick-louse
nick-louse wrote:
nick-louse wrote:and guess what it worked perfectly this morning.
and now it has started playing up again. Monday morning to work no issues. but on the way home it took over 5 mins to pick up any GPS signal. and today on the way to work the same issue. All other apps that us GPS have no issues.
Ok after updating to iOS12 it is working fine so that was about 2 days of no GPS.
nick-louse
Send a message

Post by NikkiBrunoCarden
iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1, carrier is Straight Talk - no gps on Waze app since late December 2015 when I updated OS to 9.2.1. Every suggested fix I could find under the help topics, this forum and elsewhere, have been performed with no success. This is extremely frustrating as I fell quickly in love with the Waze app. Initially I thought this was an Apple issue, but seeing so many different devices and different OS's I believe it's fair to say it's the newer version(s) of the app.

Maps has no gps issues (wifi turned off). Several other apps that use location are accurate (again, wifi turned off).

I travel frequently and would really like to have Waze functioning soon!
NikkiBrunoCarden
Send a message

Post by nikwax
I have same issue with iPhone 4 and iOS 6. Apple Maps looks fine, but Waze has no idea where I am, or it finds where I am every five minutes or so.
nikwax
Send a message

Post by nikwax
nikwax wrote:I have same issue with iPhone 4 and iOS 6. Apple Maps looks fine, but Waze has no idea where I am, or it finds where I am every five minutes or so.

Fixed by deleting the app and reinstalling it, works like a champ now!
nikwax
Send a message

Post by nocola2002
It's happening to me again but this time it's a new phone.

I uploaded my log 4/3/2016 11:30AM PDT
nocola2002
Send a message

Post by OlderTimer
is there other solutions
I too had a similar problem when using Waze and an LG G4 phone running Android.
I installed "GPS Test" from the App Store, and noted GPS acquisition was very slow.
Learned that the phone used at least TWO methods of acquiring a GPS signal:
1. Satellite
2. AGPS (Estimation from signals from nearby phone towers) - will speed up GPS acquisition
( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS for more info )

Also assure your phone's "Location" setting is "ON / High Accuracy", but try other settings if that one does not work well.

Unfortunately, although there was some improvement, GPS acquisition was still slow. I eventually bought a new phone (a Motorola), and GPS acquisition occurred within a few seconds.

So, there were at least two sources for my problems (and maybe yours):
1. Incorrect GPS settings in the phone (software problem?)
2. Poor GPS receiver in the phone
OlderTimer
Send a message

Post by OutbackJon
LG G4 running LineageOS 7.1.2

Google Maps and CoPilot both have perfect GPS signals with no issues.

GPS Test app shows I have a 3D location fix with 3m accuracy.

And Waze can't manage to hold a GPS position for a minute. I've uninstalled, wiped cache, and reinstalled. Same issue. Deleted and updated my AGPS.

C'mon guys! Fix this!!
OutbackJon
Send a message

Post by p911paratrup
...After last updating i have same problem inside Milano city and north Italy ... navigation system spin and crash , i have rebooted many time my phone and reinstalled the app but nothing has changed.... i use android my phone is L.G G4c...
p911paratrup
Send a message