These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Gotrek62
I'm getting this issue several times a week. No GPS even though other map apps as well as several geocaching apps and other location based apps all know exactly where I am. No, I don't have Android Auto. Yes, Waze has permission to use my location and sometimes it works perfectly but then next time, No GPS. Sometimes closing Waze then reopening works, sometimes not. Usually turning my phone off and restarting it works but why should I have to do this each time I want to use Waze?

I don't have the time or patience to try a hundred different solutions. Much as I like Waze if it doesn't work I'll uninstall and use a different app that works rather than stressing over it. :( :( :(
Gotrek62
Send a message

Post by gregoriclaro_
Good afternoon
I bought an Ipad Mini 4, but Waze GPS is without signal. I've done the Waze site settings, but it still does not work.

IOS12 .. could anyone help me, please?
gregoriclaro_
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi,

Have you try updating to 11.4? .

Also please send the logs.

Thank you.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by habamax
Borgholio wrote: Is this something that sounds familiar to anybody?

I have the same problem with Galaxy Note 2, After about 30-40 mins of driving GPS signal is lost. It has happened 3 times already. Before Waze I have used yandex maps -- GPS worked very well.

And after Waze looses GPS -- no other program could find it too.
habamax
Send a message

Post by happyhappyNinja20
Me too - however if I use google maps my location is found!!!!! This is a Waze app issue.
happyhappyNinja20
Send a message

Post by HawaiiPeg
I started having the "No GPS" error when I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.2. I jumped on iOS 8.3 when it came out, hoping for a fix, but it didn't happen. The GPS goes off constantly and stays off, mostly. Almost all highway miles, but different highways in different states. So I shut off the phone and turn it back on. I try the phone plugged in, and not. I delete Waze and reinstall it.

(Now when I search and open Waze at the App Store it doesn't even leave the icon on my phone! I have to open Waze from the App Store every time.)

Btw, I keep my phone in a cradle suctioned to the front of the driver's side window, close to the windshield. And my General settings and Waze-specific settings all allow Location access.

Waze is my constant travel companion, and I am missing it :(
HawaiiPeg
Send a message

Post by hebermc
In Android you can use the following app to figure out if your phone is getting the gps signal:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tus2&hl=en

If it fails you can try two things:
1) Restart the phone
or
2) Reset a-gps:
a) Menu / Tools / manage aGPS state.
b) Select 'Reset' to clear the internal state of the GPS.
c) Select 'Download' to re-download the assistance data. You will need an active internet connection at this step.
d) Close the GPS Status application for 10 seconds.
e) Go outside and find a spot where large part of the sky is visible.
Make sure you have the 'Keep the screen on' settings turned on (in Menu / Settings / Display & Tools'.
e) Let the program run and try to acquire your GPS position

If you live in a area with loads of buildings try going to a park for a first lock, in my experience older phones have bad gps, my Galaxy Ace 2 takes minutes to get a GPS lock while my Galaxy S4 takes just a few seconds.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by holzereck
Hi guys,
I’m also getting a similar problem on my Moto G (see: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=86200).
As I’m new to both Smart phones as well as sat-nav gear, I’m not sure where my phone knowledge/signals cross over my WAZE knowledge/signals.
Before trying waze I used the in-built sat-nav.
This is great, apart from it robs me of my phone balance. I am now disabled and use my phone on payg, so need to keep an eye on its use.
It also uses proper satellite images instead of drawings.

Yesterday I kept losing signals along the main A30 (UK) – no trees or buildings to block signals.
Before seeking an alternative system, I’d like to know what’s happening,,,, & if it can be fixed.

Cheers all
holzereck
Send a message
Motorola G :: Android 4.4 KitKat :: Mercedes

Post by Hombre_189
Also have this problem... HTC M8.
Looking at the location settings, several other apps have recently requested GPS location, but Waze isn't on the list... resets and airplane mode haven't done the trick. Ideas?
Hombre_189
Send a message

Post by homeseto
I uninstalled the Living Social app and now everything works fine.
homeseto
Send a message