These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Mihai__Bogdan
Kira97493 wrote:Hello,

I can't use Waze only because of the GPS : ni signal.

Others applications like MAPS work very well, it's just Waze and i have accepted all the autorisations.

I need help please...

Many thanks
Same problem.
I solve it when i reset all the app autorisations.
Mihai__Bogdan
Send a message

Post by mikeerage
Is sometimes have an issue where waze cannot keep a GPS lock or cannot aquire it. I wonder if waze uses so much resources, there is not enough for GPS. I found that first I need to run an app such GPS Test to get a strong GPS lock and only once it is locked launch Waze and then the GPS works fine in Waze as well. I have no idea why. This is on a Pixel 2, but not XL but close enough.
However, I recently found that 3.x versions started working again and those never had any issues with GPS. Good luck.
mikeerage
Send a message

Post by Mikexex
Google Maps works fine.
What3words works fine
Waze appears to work fine, gets my correct location but when I choose a destination it says: "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

I also get "waze is connecting to gps" but of course doesn't.

This seems to be a common theme with Waze users and there seems no end in sight for a solution.

Does anyone in Waze actually care?

Is there an older version anyone can recommend? I can set the app so that it doesn't update.
Mikexex
Send a message

Post by misomac
Hi I'm want to ask a very basic question. I notice that you had wifi and also connection to a network but do you have a data plan? This has happened to me before where I was able connect to the network to call and text but I had no data. This situation affected the GPS function on my phone. Maybe it's the same for you?
misomac
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MissLexyM
It's not just with the iphone 6. I recently started to have problems with the GPS using my Samsung note 3.
MissLexyM
Send a message

Post by MissLexyM
Hi! I just started to have this issue with my Note 3. Nothing wrong with the provider and the GPS works with all the other apps except for waze. Is there any solution to the problem?
MissLexyM
Send a message

Post by mkriukov
wow... I thought that my crappy Windows Phone just piece of.. well it probably still is... But as few readers here - I have the same issue with GPS. It's very FRUSTRATING to have waze working so poorly. funny - all articles I found on Waze website don't even have an option for Windows phone.. oh well... I didn't expect to see so many people having similar problem. I hope that Waze will start taking care about this. I (am) was fan of Waze, but it feels that no one cares about the product.

Issue is:
No GPS. Showing approximate location.
started few month ago but it was intermittent. may work for sometime and then just drop. But recently it just stopped working. I traveled for over 5 hrs and it never found me (though it actually moves the circle from time to time close to my position).

I do hope either Waze will be able to support community or people will recommend another app with similar functions. (really feels like someone is trying to kill this app......)
mkriukov
Send a message

Post by mlpjlk
Does anyone from WAZE ever read or respond to these questions? This thread has been going on for over a year, reported on multiple phone models and carriers.... I have three LG Pro G that all stopped recognizing GPS when using WAZE since the update on Dec 1. Our phones all work just fine using Google Maps, but not WAZE. Google Maps is great for getting you from point A to point B, but useless in navigating your route.
mlpjlk
Send a message

Post by mmilrot
Don't know if you've already solved your problems, but I'm was facing the same issues regard using Waze with my new Pioneer DVD Player and this problem was solved by disabling the Waze Control by the Car Media Receiver: On waze, go on Settings and at the end of the list disable the option.

Waze should be stable again, after this procedure.

Hope this could help you..
mmilrot
Send a message

Post by Monx363
Mine phone also gps error. I have two phone. Both gps error. Please assist
Monx363
Send a message