Android beta 3.0.2.3 - feedback post

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android beta 3.0.2.3 - feedback post

Postby richard_vrsnik » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Phone Vodafone 858
Slow phone in general

Issues...
portrait to landscape rotation
2D view causes immediate crash
3D view cases wrong car icon position and crashes further navigation.

in many situations recalculate route ends with Timeout Error even Iphone or Nokia apps works well at same moment. Only solution at these moments is stop driving and when app has free cpu (no map redrawing) and search route again.

App at all is very slow (beta is significantly faster but still not as fast enough).

Sometimes car Icon is 1 or more KM behind my real location. Sometimes it catches me back, sometimes it causes app hang (black screen)

In conclusion i am missing 2 options
Auto Rotate lock in settings (fix portrait / landscape issue could be tricky)
options for dumb slow phones or have waze basic version as it is on nokia. It has reasonable design, it is stabile and fast on significantly worse HW-
richard_vrsnik

Postby Suik » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Installation and first looking around is OK... and personally would appreciate the default zoom to "streets" level.
BA-SVK & surroundings AreaManager, Soc. Med. XP
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V Exception+HTC One S, stock Android 4.0.4, waze 3.6.0.0
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko
Suik

Postby Suik » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

still maplagging when navigating. Just turned on, it seems to be fine, had only one small lag. I still think that this lagging is caused by my phone's (already insufficient? :( ) HW. Wildfire has e.g. no GPU.... and the last version with real-time responsivness was the one in my sig.
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V Exception+HTC One S, stock Android 4.0.4, waze 3.6.0.0
Suik

Postby Suik » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:48 pm

After several days of using, the performance improved a lot (within the same version? hmmm :) ) so currently the app is pretty usable on my phone as well, though it happens sometimes that once waze loses data connection (don't know why as my area is completely covered, sometimes waze disconnects after sending road report) it is unable to retrieve connection. Recently it managed to do so, but it took 15 minutes ;)
Suik

Postby svx-biker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:38 am

crazycomputingdotnet wrote:This has been mentioned in previous betas, but I am going to bring it up again, in landscape mode and on the me option the scoreboard pushes the all button to the bottom left and the button is unclickable in this area. In friends the all button migrates to the middle and it is clickable in this position.

I cannot confirm this behaviour. The scoreboard looks fine on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro in either Portrait or Landscape mode.
svx-biker
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby swiiney » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi,

still no luck with Samsung Galaxy 551. Here is a screenshot during my way back to home. Problem with fonts, problem with icons.

Thanks for your work.
Stephane
Attachments
ScreenShot.png
Screenshot
ScreenShot.png (37.91 KiB) Viewed 342 times
swiiney

Postby telecon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:20 pm

When using the navigation search box there still is not a "go" button after using speech input.

You have to tap on the text field, then tell waze you are a passenger, then hit return to use search after speaking a destination.
telecon

Postby Timbones » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm

dwayler wrote:Another recommendation is that when a map issue is resolved that the email doesnt go out to the reporter until the maps are updated.

The email that gets sent to the report does already say that it may be a few days before they see the changes on their app.
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:21 pm

krankyd wrote:We got xteejyx suggestion of the voice - and we do want to add it. There's a lot of server support in order to add the TTS capability for world.waze.com. We're almost done adding it.

There are a few other things that we might need to help facilitate the use of TTS in the UK. We collected some suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15538
Timbones(6) • UK Country Admin & Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Beta Editor and Routing Expert
Scripts: WME Colour Highlights v1.8 (Feb 2014)WME Route Tester
Timbones
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby traxino » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Guys,

My wazee goes into infinite loop on the search page if I do the following on my HTC Incredible 2:
- In Trip advisor ( http://bit.ly/HittvR ) I tap on an address
- Wazee search page starts
- I tap on the destination

And afterthat the search page come back again. I cannot hide the search page or shutdown the application.
traxino

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App