These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How do I receive iOS text messages while Waze is active?

Post by MCanadaMeow
While I am running a route on Waze and it is active on my phones screen my text messages do not come through. It is like Waze is blocking them? Can I turn that off?

Thanks...M
MCanadaMeow

POSTER_ID:17213599

Send a message

Post by jonnaz
Which version of iOS do you have?

You could check Settings>Notifications>messages and check they are setup correctly.

The only other things I can think are;
does it only happen with waze, or other apps?
And is it as soon as Waze is opened or is it after a period of time?
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by jonnaz
Apple have released iOS 9.3 I would recommend updating and see if the problem persists.

I would guess the Apple Genius bar would suggest doing a re-install of iOS if that didn't work, but you could ask if you have an Apple store nearby...
jonnaz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by MCanadaMeow
Thanks for your response.
I am running iOS v 9.2. It does not happen in any other app and does it as soon as Waze starts navigating.

I checked settings>notifications>messages and I have all notifications selected.
MCanadaMeow
Send a message

Post by PaulJYoo
Has anyone figured this out? I consistently arrive home or elsewhere with people asking if I got their message. Nothing shows up, it's not in my front screen of notifications as unread messages, etc.

I have to go into the Messages to finally see that there are unread messages manually. No way to see that I have new messages without manually doing that.

Help!
PaulJYoo
Send a message