These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

[req] Showing current speed in the client!

Post by naesstrom
Just a small request that shouldn't be that hard to implement!

I would like to see my current speed somewhere on the client. Middle bottom or top maybe!
The reason... just so I know that I'm driving at the speedlimit since my car usually doesnt show it right!

Anyone else that wants it or is it just me?
naesstrom

POSTER_ID:89363

Send a message

Post by hobanma
In my limited experience with Waze, the displayed speed is usually low compared to my speedometer. My speedo could be wrong but I don't think so.

Mark
hobanma
Send a message
iPhone 3GS

Post by maxjivi05
Yeah... I like this feature the only way Waze does it now is if you are Routing somewhere... +1 on these though! =)
maxjivi05
Send a message
_______Master-at-Arms U.S. Navy_______
Second Business: iPhone Repair & Services
Waze: 1.5.9.2
iPhone: Jailbroken 3GS v3.1.2 177MB
Vehicles: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Hyundai Accent
Area Manager: (Greenup County, KY| Scioto County, OH| Cabell County, WV)

Post by maxjivi05
lol... yeah its there, just I wish it was there all the time or a on off switch so you don't have to be routing somewhere.. :)
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
almost all vehicles even the brand new 2010 read a little off I think my Hydunai reads 5 mph over around 70mph... and so on. the GPS is more accurate at reading your speed.

My Honda reads a little less off but it still is off... Around 150 its off around 5 mph off...

But you can research a lot of things you can get a speed-o-healer for and it will fix your readings on your vehicle. but Waze is 99% more likely to be right then your actual speed-o-meter
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
Yup... For some reason the manufactoures of our vehicles don't think it is nessasary to make the speed-o-meter 100% now the only one that I have seen almost dead on is my 1995 Ford Explorer... I run 70 and its only 1MPH off... Which is very good from what I've seen other cars do. So when I'm going down the road at "the real" 55MPH-60MPH and people who "think" they are going 55 are really slow and aggravating they are really going around 50-53 MPH.... Sad but true... I like to go about 5 MPH over what my gauge says if I'm not using a GPS just to make sure I'm not one of those slow pokes that gets in the way :) Plus the cops around here don't look at you unless your running 80 in a 45, or 110 in a 55... They are pretty laid back. :D
maxjivi05
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
Oh so it's in there somewhere... just that since I don't have any roads yet I can't see it :D
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
yeah that's what I have experience to, now with waze tough but with all other gps software that I have been running...
I've been checking with both handhelds and against some nice measuring points that cops put up... you know the ones "Your speed is:xxxx, max allowed is XX" and always the gps is more accurate then my car :D
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by Stormer
+1 .. I don't understand why it's displayed only when navigating...
Stormer
Send a message

Post by treeboy
I'm a vote for "current speed in the client" all the time or an on/off switch. My '06 Civic also reads about 5% off to the high so when I'm going 120 MPH I'm really only going about 114. :lol:
treeboy
Send a message