These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

March/April 2012 iPhone update causes screen flicker.

Post by odie420
After the last update for iPhone, I found that the screen would turn on and off during use. Only recently have I identified the cause: the screen turns off when a shadow is cast over the camera on the face of the phone next to the earphone.

Cover the camera and the screen turns off. Move my hand over the camera and the screen turns off.

Anyone else notice this bug caused by the latest update for iPhone 4???

It's annoying, hope it will be fixed with the next update.
odie420

POSTER_ID:4347353

Send a message

Post by odie420
Why is there an option for the screen shutting off when hovering over the camera?
odie420
Send a message

Post by odie420
Thank you!

I changed the voice commands setting to "3 fingers" and the screen stopped going blank when a shadow hits the front camera.

Not sure what the voice commands settings are used for, but my waze is back to its original functionality.
odie420
Send a message

Post by neversweat
This may be why the screen keeps going black when the iPhone is in a cup holder. Voice command keeps coming up as well. That said, three finger tap just gives me an address of one of the fingers, never goes into voice command mode. Anyone else had that problem?
neversweat
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
You can set the voice recognition a few different ways. One option is Holding you hand over it to activate the proximity sensor. The next is the three finger tap. You can also set it to use either or none.

If you're going to keep your phone in a cup holder, you should disable the hand hover option.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message