These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Low Sound

Post by
The sound is were low. I cant hardley hera the voice in my car when im driving.
I have set the volume to the higest.
I have a Android Nexus 6

POSTER_ID:17348719

Send a message

Post by DaveJFT
Me too on my Nexus 6P. Nothing seems to make any difference. I've tried everything I can think of short of factory resetting my phone. I've even uninstalled & reinstalled the app 3 times trying different cold boot/reboot sequences.
DaveJFT
Send a message

Post by EranRM
I have just updated to the latest version and I face the same problem - very low sound.
I am using an LG G3 phone.
I had this same problem over 1 year ago and then it was solved when updating to a newer version (when released).
Please advise
EranRM
Send a message

Post by EthanS65
I have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. For past couple weeks I've been barely able to hear Waze directions at all. Previously, it was very loud, now can barely hear it if any other noise in the car. My wife commented she now has the same issue on her iPhone 6. So there must have been an update release that changed something. Note both of us connect our phones in our vehicles via bluetooth for other functions such as bluetooth phone and other functions. I have the volume set to high and output set to phone speaker. I thought that something with bluetooth. To test whether bluetooth connection might be interfering, I tried connecting and disconnecting my phone from my vehicles bluetooth connection. In either case, connected or not, the sound output on the phone from Waze is barely perceptible.

Help! Any solution for this? Love Waze, I use it daily in my work commute and it has saved me from traffic jams so many times I can't count! (cheers to Waze! :D ) However, if I can no longer hear directions because speaker output is so soft, I'm not sure it's useful anymore... :x
EthanS65
Send a message

Post by Gewitty
I've experienced this problem on my Android phone a couple of times. There are two fixes which have worked for me:

1. Make a phone call from your phone (dialing your voicemail is a good idea), then put the call on loudspeaker and use your phone's volume keys to increase the sound level. The Waze volume should be OK after doing that.

2. Use the fix suggested by Waze in an earlier post here, by entering cc@tts in the Waze search box to clear the cache.

Hope one of those works for you.
Gewitty
Send a message

Post by JimmyDeanLW
Ever since the June 22nd 2016 update the volume on Waze over the speaker phone is extremely low.
JimmyDeanLW
Send a message

Post by jm6087
lumnos2002 wrote:This is still an issue after several years, which is ridiculous to begin with. And having to resort to adjusting volume using a different app, such as making a phone call and switching to speaker phone to adjust volume for Waze is inexcusable.

If your app is incapable of adjusting it's own volume and we can't hear responses to voice commands, which is now essentially a requirement to legally use navigation in many states, it's useless.

Also, fumbling around to launch other apps and adjust volume while driving so we can use Waze makes it even more distracting and dangerous to use.

FIX THIS.
Being that these forums are primarily monitored by the community and not Waze staff, "Ordering/Mandating/Yelling" that the we "FIX THIS" will do ZERO GOOD. We don't work for Waze and can't actually fix anything.

Heck, common sense and courtesy says that even if Waze staff monitored these forums, being rude to the developers probably wouldn't get a lot done either. "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JulianSAron
I have the same problem of very low volume om my LG G2. I tried solution above and it does not work.
Very sorry that I'll have to look for another App as Waze is very good. However if I can't hear it then it's not much use.
JulianSAron
Send a message

Post by karlfoley
Awesome!

Making a voice call on speaker and then turning up the volume fixed this issue for me.

Many thanks!
karlfoley
Send a message

Post by lumnos2002
This is still an issue after several years, which is ridiculous to begin with. And having to resort to adjusting volume using a different app, such as making a phone call and switching to speaker phone to adjust volume for Waze is inexcusable.

If your app is incapable of adjusting it's own volume and we can't hear responses to voice commands, which is now essentially a requirement to legally use navigation in many states, it's useless.

Also, fumbling around to launch other apps and adjust volume while driving so we can use Waze makes it even more distracting and dangerous to use.

FIX THIS.
lumnos2002
Send a message

Post by LurkerLee
Same problem on a Nexus 4. It was working fine for two years, and suddenly the volume is too low to be useful.On other nav apps, the volume is fine, so it's not a phone problem.
LurkerLee
Send a message