These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can't adjust volume, WAY to loud.

Post by faztang
On the latest version of Waze I can't seem to adjust the volume anymore when sound is playing from phone speaker. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo. I have tried everything. Adjust prompt volume in the app, adjust media volume from phone, adjust voice volume from phone. Nothing works. I use the hard volume keys on my phone too (which always used to work). Nothing. Volume is always at full blast no matter what I do. Waze directions are great but this new volume issue is very annoying.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
faztang

POSTER_ID:6584116

Send a message

Post by faztang
yeah that doesn't work for me. have turned my phone off plenty of times. this is an ongoing issue, not a one off.
faztang
Send a message

Post by faztang
KelleyCZ wrote:I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy S7. However, I found solution for this. I found out, that if I had "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze turned on (checked), half of the voice directions plays from the head speaker on the top of the phone (quieter, seem to be affected by volume setting in Waze and/or in system volume settings) and the second half of the voice directions plays from the bottom speaker (very loud, unaffected by any volume adjust settings both in Waze or system).

But if I TURNED OFF (uncheck) "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze and I wasn´t connected to car sound system by bluetooth, all voice directions plays from the head speaker on the top of the phone, and I can adjust the sound volume without any problem.

Because I need bluetooth connection with my car sound system (hands-free), I found out this solution : In android settings, I can manually set permissions of the bluetooth connection to my car sound system - there are 3 permissions - phone sound, media sound and contact list sharing. I simply denied media sound permission (this can be done only if you have bluetooth connection with car sound system active)and thats it. Now, Waze is speaking from the head speaker and I can andjust its volume and I can use my car hands-free as well.
Holy crap you figured it out. Thank you! Why on earth do they make this so complicated is beyond me. They are owned by Google and Google Maps Volume works so much more "normal". Thanks again.
faztang
Send a message

Post by foxbraap
That happened to me but all I did was turn my phone off and then back on again and I was able to adjust the in-app volume.
foxbraap
Send a message

Post by KelleyCZ
I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy S7. However, I found solution for this. I found out, that if I had "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze turned on (checked), half of the voice directions plays from the head speaker on the top of the phone (quieter, seem to be affected by volume setting in Waze and/or in system volume settings) and the second half of the voice directions plays from the bottom speaker (very loud, unaffected by any volume adjust settings both in Waze or system).

But if I TURNED OFF (uncheck) "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze and I wasn´t connected to car sound system by bluetooth, all voice directions plays from the head speaker on the top of the phone, and I can adjust the sound volume without any problem.

Because I need bluetooth connection with my car sound system (hands-free), I found out this solution : In android settings, I can manually set permissions of the bluetooth connection to my car sound system - there are 3 permissions - phone sound, media sound and contact list sharing. I simply denied media sound permission (this can be done only if you have bluetooth connection with car sound system active)and thats it. Now, Waze is speaking from the head speaker and I can andjust its volume and I can use my car hands-free as well.
KelleyCZ
Send a message

Post by LotusGreen
Same here on Samsung Galaxy S7
Waze version 4.2.0.1
LotusGreen
Send a message