These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

been away from waze for a while is mine broken

Post by Malcster
ok so i used to use waze alot but job changed slightly and i was deskbound for a while

back out on the road now and although there has been updates to the app mine appears to be missing the following from previous version

1) i cant report say a broken down car or speed camera as not being there when waze thinks it is even if it was reported say half hour ago

2) i dont seem to get any road goodies anymore ( i used to get them )

3) although it says so many waze users nearby i does not show them at all

4) cant see any reports

not sure if these items have been removed but no 1 is annoying yesterday on the a46 it kept saying debris on the road in a mile etc but upon arrival its gone

thank you
Malcster

POSTER_ID:17071607

Send a message

Post by Malcster
But I don't even see an option when on top of the alleged hazard

All I get is a comment symbol or a thumbs up
If I touch anywhere else in the notification across the top of the map the notification disappears

Thank you
Malcster
Send a message

Post by Malcster
Sorry I should clarify point I used to be able to see any reports in my area before I set off

I understand from reading up on it that this has been removed and only reports on a planned route are available

Thanks for the help I'll have a look tomorrow while out and about
And report back
Malcster
Send a message

Post by RussPA
1) You can only report a hazard as not there when you actually come up to it, you can't tap the report on the screen and report it not there from miles away, for example.

2) Road goodies pop up randomly. I haven't seen any in weeks.

3) Go into Settings->Display Settings->Show on Map and make sure you have "Wazers" turned on if you want to see them on your screen.

4) Same as 3), there are settings for the various things you can display on the screen.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
That blue symbol next to the thumbs up is the "not there" option. The hazard warning should pop up when you get near the hazard (but in 4 you say you aren't getting any reports).

Are you running the latest version? v4.3 (Android) or 4.6 (IOS)
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Malcster wrote: I understand from reading up on it that this has been removed and only reports on a planned route are available
Yes, you are right about that.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US