These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Feature Request: Mirror display

Post by machielrey
Hi there

I would love to see a feature that mirrors Waze so that everything is the wrong way around.

Reason? To use an (more specifically: my) iPad/phone in a "Heads up Display" mode which allows for more space on my dashboard and negates the need of expensive mounts. With current screens being quite bright, this feature is quite simple to add as a toggle option (so the UI doesn't get too cluttered) and it might save a couple of Wazers some time and money they would've spent looking for car phone/iPad mounts.
machielrey

POSTER_ID:7004468

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:Did you really need to post on something a year old? Seriously there must be a more relevant recent thread!
I kinda doubt it, actually. But what is telling is that this feature is likely to not be provided as it has been requested so long ago and there's so little support for it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by floppyrod84
I think you're forgetting something...
What are we going to do on opposite day? Or when we travel to a parallel universe where everything is back to front? Need to be prepared for these things!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Did you really need to post on something a year old? Seriously there must be a more relevant recent thread!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I think a year asking for something is probably time enough to give up, I agree.
Besides, this would only ever be useful at night, who knows how bright the phone would have to be too get that working during the day without blinding every bugger in existence...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Woah - a 1300gram iPad coming in at 50kmh - that is 13.88 m/s - hitting nose and releasing 125Mj of kinetic energy on 1 square cm = ouch.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Right... but you don't need a mirrored-display for that, do you?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gettingthere
machielrey wrote:... and it might save a couple of Wazers some time and money they would've spent looking for car phone/iPad mounts.
Until your unsecured iPad flies off the dash and breaks or worse hurts one of the vehicle occupants when it becomes a projectile.

IMO, better to buy a proper mount that secures it properly and safely.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by KE7BUF
Don't be too hasty with criticism. If there is a passenger, the iPad is in their hand not a mount. They are not going to hold on to it well in a crash. It's probably safer on the dash than in the passenger's hand.
KE7BUF
Send a message

Post by Samuelredekop
That's a feature that I'm looking forward to have. It seems odd at first but it works really well. There's no danger of the tablet or phone becoming a projectile if you're smart and use an Anti Slip Pad Mat (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Sticky-Pa ... 3cca5c612b) and oh my god, how much drama! I assure you that HUD is way better than what you call "proper mount" for driving at night, and is safer! One more vote for mirror display!
Samuelredekop
Send a message