These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Planned drives notifications

Post by lcarbrey
I'd love to keep getting the notifications about what time to leave for an appointment but.... is there a way to just get the notification without it making any noise? It decided to tell me about an upcoming appointment an hour after I fell asleep last night.
lcarbrey

POSTER_ID:17364757

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
helifino206 wrote:Android calls it 'blocking mode' or similar, depending on manufacturer.
Actually Android calls it "do not disturb". Other manufacturers with their half ass cooked ROM's and skins call it different. :)
Screenshot_20160621-213248.png
(85.91 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by helifino206
Android calls it 'blocking mode' or similar, depending on manufacturer.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I put my phone in do not disturb mode/silent. For the iPhone, this can also be scheduled. Not sure about Android, haven't had enough experience.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
If you are using an iPhone, you can go into the individual Waze settings off of your general settings page and turn off sounds under notification.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by lcarbrey
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I need to just turn the sound off for this one type of notification. I need to still be able to others. I was hoping to have waze show me the notification but not accompany it with sound.
lcarbrey
Send a message