These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can Google Now launch Waze for navigation?

Post by kelemvor33
Howdy,

I've searched a bunch for this and found some hacks but nothing recent. Does anyone know if it's possible to use an Android phone with the "OK Google" voice stuff and have it launch Waze for navigation?

E.g., if I say "OK Google, Navigate to <location>" it bring sup results but seems to only launch Google Maps with no option of choosing a different app to use.

I saw someone mention saying "OK Google, Navigate to <location> using Waze" but that just brings up a web search which doesn't help.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16454647

Send a message

Post by dartveiga
There IS a way.

Reset the defaults for Maps and Waze.

Go to Google Now> Settings> Accounts & privacy
Then enable "Search on google.com" option.

Waze only supports opening links from maps.google.com. If you are in other language like Brazilian Portuguese, the searches will go on maps.google.com.br, and then Waze wont open.

I'm from Brazil and just did it and now every seach opens where I can choose Maps or Waze ("Just once" or "Always").

Hope this help others.

DartVeiga.
dartveiga
Send a message

Post by RapsF4n
That doesn't work for me. I've set it to use Google.com through account and privacy and set it to language English US and it still only opens in Google maps. If I disable google maps it says "no apps support this link". I've been trying to get an answer for like 2 weeks and there doesn't seem to be. It's rather frustrating when Waze has no voice commands for searching for destination. I've also tried 3 different devices.
RapsF4n
Send a message