These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Annoying pop ups!

Post by Quinceya23
Can someone tell me how to get rid of the ad pop ups and the missing person pop ups as i find them very distracting and they hide the map way too often :?:

Thanks.
Quinceya23

POSTER_ID:16947518

Send a message

Post by cyclemantra
Request to disable ads. As a professional rideshare driver ads are untimely and interfere with business @ hand. They are SENSELESS, add no value. Personally I would pay to rid myself of ads GARBAGE IN = GARBAGE OUT
cyclemantra
Send a message

Post by OPElly
The only pop ups that annoy me are the ones telling me about road conditions some six to ten miles further along my journey, and offering a chance to reject or comment. Obviously I'm in no position to do either one.
OPElly
Send a message

Post by Quinceya23
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting about 4-6 missing person alerts per Journey!!! If it was once a week it would be no problem but this current situation is ridiculous. It's the same for the adverts.
Quinceya23
Send a message

Post by vince1612
There is no option to disable ads.

Regarding the missing people alerts, they should be limited to one alert, per week and per person. They also cannot be disabled as they use the same system as ads to be distributed.

Part of the community is trying to convince Waze to reduce this frequency to one alert, per month and per person instead as we've had similar feedback recently about them being too frequent.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png