These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Report vs thank question

Post by guvmeow
I've noticed that if I report an incident such as an accident when someone else has already reported the incident that the accident icon will now show a number 2 on top of it to show that more than one person confirmed this incident. If however I thank that person's report of the accident, no number 2 appears and the fact that I can thank the report before I can even see the accident seems like less confirmation that reporting the incident myself as duplicate.

Am I not understanding the concept of thanking? I know next to the thank button is a not here button so it seems I can tell Waze that the incident is not longer occurring but it doesn't seem like thanking the incident confirms it.

Also does anyone know if you receive points for either thanking or marking an incident as not here as opposed to reporting the incident myself? I feel like thanking someone else's report should confirm it, but the window to thank it should be closer to the incident and last longer after the incident occurred. Potentially even points could be given for a thank that confirms an incident.

Thank you in advance.
guvmeow

POSTER_ID:17206992

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
There are no points for thumbs up or down. More thumbs up will keep report longer on the map. Count is shown in report details.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by guvmeow
Thanks for the confirmation. Seems to me like re reporting the issue is more beneficial than thanking as it visual shows that more than 1 person confirmed the incident with a number above the incident icon.

My concern with thanking is that I'm able to thank well in advance of visually seeing the incident, so someone can thank as a form of "thank you for the heads up" when in fact the incident is no longer current. Re reporting the issue requires you to physically see the incident.

Separate topic but it would be so much nicer if the thank and not here buttons were larger.
guvmeow
Send a message