These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pavserpa
Hi Waze Crash

My Waze account, the one that i have for more than 6 years, crash on a random way. I am sure is my account becouse when i have create a new one, everything goes fine. I dont want to loose my old account and my favorites and all. Please help me. I could not found any support information in this kind of bug.Regards
pavserpa
Send a message

Post by Pekk3nRacing
Hi,

I have changed my smartphone and I can't access to my account (I created this account to write here). I have lost my favorites, my points, my friends ...

I think that when I installed the app I tried to log in with my phone number instead of username and password and I think that a new account has been created and has crushed my original account.

I need my account please, or at least my username. If I try to change the user of my new account it says that it already exists, but it is impossible to access.

I sent my problem to the support team, but I have no answer yet
Pekk3nRacing
Send a message

Post by peppermintfreya09
Hi,

I am having problem logging into the app. I am running iOS 11 on my phone. I’ve already reset my password and reinstalled the app but still the same. I can login to this site though.
peppermintfreya09
Send a message

Post by PointyPeter
I have been frantically searching for a way to recover my old account. I have been adding favourites and refining my routes since 2012, and I can no longer access my account.

The account I am logged into now in order to publish this post is a new account with 0 reports and 0 driven miles.

I have tried all the usual methods to recover my account through SMS, Facebook login, email password reset etc... without success.

Here's the sequence of events that led me here:
1.Waze App was freezing on the loading screen on iPhone 6 plus using iOS 10.1.1 all day yesterday. I couldn't get into the app.
2. I delete the app from my phone and download the app again.
3. I opened the re-downloaded Waze app and proceeded to log in using the Facebook option (since my old account, the one I'm trying to recover, was connected to Facebook to sync events).
4. It asked me to add my name and create a new username. I figured this is some sort of new feature when you connect with Facebook, so I kept going with it.
5. The app opens up and all my favourites and history are gone.
6. I went to my account page and realise what it's done is create an entirely new account, which is not what I want. I want access to my old account that I have been using from 2012 until 2 days ago.
7. I log out
8. I try to log in using my phone number this time. But since I entered my phone number when I was unintentionally creating a new account, it seems my phone number was now associated with my new account, not my old one.
9. It logs me into my new account again.
10. This morning, I go to the Waze website to try and log into my old account that way.
11. I enter what I thought was my username and password, but it doesn't work. I try all the passwords I can think of that I may have used. No luck.
12. I then try to recover my username and password using email recovery.
13. I login on the Waze website using the recovery link in my email, and it logs me into yet another username that I thought was mine since it's a username I use a lot elsewhere (the username I'm using now to post this message), but it shows 0 reports and 0 driven miles, so this is not the account I have been using for so many years.
14. The only thing I can think of is that I had not updated my email associated with the account I was logging into for all these years on iOS, and the email I have associated with my old account from when I created it in 2012 no longer exists so I can no longer access that email address (the ISP I was using back then closed down).

The obvious answer to this post is that if I can't use the email recovery because I no longer have access to the email, then there is no way to regain access to my account.

But I know for sure that my facebook account was associated with my old account until it was re-associated with my new Waze account.

I would also be surprised if my phone number (the same cell number I have had for 18 years) was not associated with my old account before I also used it when I inadvertently created my new Waze account.

So while I wouldn't have access to my old email associated with my old Waze account, I do have proof for security purposes using Facebook and my phone number that I am the owner of my old account. The problem is likely that because I also used my Facebook account and my phone number to create a new account, maybe Waze automatically disconnects those from my old account, I'm not sure.

I decided to delete my new Waze account in the iOS app and try to log in again using my phone number once I had deleted the new account. Maybe then Waze would re-associate my phone number with the old account I had been using all for all these years. It sends me the SMS code, I type it in, press next, and then it says verifying and connecting and stays on that screen infinitely until I close the app.

Please please please help me find a way to get my old account back. It has about 100 favourites (many addresses that I don't even have in my contacts), it has all my history, all my points, and knows all my routes. I need my account back.

If there is someone that works in tech support at Waze that can help me somehow regain access to my old account, please help me.

Thank you!!!
PointyPeter
Send a message

Post by PointyPeter
Thanks for the tip! Cheers!
PointyPeter
Send a message

Post by Polostar777
I got a replacement IPhone 6s since my last one got damaged. I entered the Waze APP and signed in as
Existing user using my phone number just like I have the last few phone changes... It recognized my number but did not transfer my account. Has me as baby wazer with John date today, I have been in Waze over 3 years and am Waze Royalty... It does not give me an option to enter user name and Password just phone number. Please help, I know my user name and password.
Polostar777
Send a message

Post by Polostar777
When I enter already a Wazer it has me enter my phone number, and now has a new baby wazer account linked to my number although my original account with my user name and etc still exists... I don't have an option to not enter my number after hitting already a Wazer and after connected to this new account it thinks I'm a new person and tells me my username is already in use.
Polostar777
Send a message

Post by Polostar777
I have logged out, when I then try to relog as already a wazer has me enter phone number, no option to not enter phone number which then puts me into the new baby account... Should I just delete this account, or is there a way to bypass the phone entry stage? This is most updated version on Iphone 6s, not sure if it is different on older version or on android version...
Polostar777
Send a message

Post by proffa71
JohnDoe75 wrote:
shortiesphreaks wrote:
JohnDoe75 wrote:Since you're on Android, have you deleted everything: app and folders?
I've tried to uninstall & reinstall the Waze app. Do you mind to enlight if there's an extra step to clear Waze app folder? I've done remove cache, clear data before uninstall the app. Still no luck in resolving this issue.
I'm not familiar with Android but I think it's like on Windows, when you delete an app, there are still left overs (folder, setup, cache...)
It is NOT an Android problem, I can tell that for sure. I have exactly the same issue and can give some more info about it and attempts to solve this. I first noticed on 18.9 evening that my profile page (https://www.waze.com/user/editor/Proffa71) said Oops! Something went wrong. Then in the next morning app started to ask my login and no credentials worked. I tried reinstall and did pw reset, no help. Also I changed my phone's language to English in case there would be some problem related to language, no help.

Then I noticed I also couldn't login to forum or WME. I found same kind of workaround told by others, if I login to my Dashboard with my FB-credentials and then refresh forum and WME I get in without problems so I can edit and write messages here. Made support ticket (19.9) and got some answers and suggestions last week but those didn't help. I also tried to login to my account with fresh client I installed to phone where Waze has never been installed before, no help, that rules out Android app folder/cache problem suggested here.

Support told me to delete both Waze and FB from my phone (I never had FB on it before so no deletion needed) and then to (re)install both and try to login with FB-credentials. Some progress but only if I logout from FB first and then try to login to Waze. Then I get to select the FB-account and get the code to my phone but after that it only says "Please Wait", once waited 2 hours.

Surprisingly I once got into my account once I went away from that circling but it only showed baby Wazer picture beneath my nickname and had -1 points. After restart (I waited for few hours with client on) not able to repeat that, same login problem.

With username and pw I instantly get Wrong Credentials message. PW has been reset 3 times during this. I can't login to any website with those either, only FB-credentials work. If I try to use phone number to login I get to screen where app asks "You look familiar" and I can identify it is my account but it never goes through either, it just shows "Login failed: Wrong login credentials" after few minutes and continues with "Connecting" message even after it.

Got a little bit of tired to this so haven't tried to login for a few days. Now I tried, same problems as before with every method.

It is quite obvious that there has to be different accounts (at least driver/editor profiles seem to be separate) on different waze parts because some features work and others don't. Somehow the sync between those is broken or one of those accounts is broken. We just need to get this into support as multiple users problem and not single as they probably think it is now.
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
I suddenly noticed that Edit count started to work on editor, checked my profile on web and saw it was OK. I could also login to client on phone so problem seems to be solved for me. Of course I lost months drives because of this but that is a minor issue since my profile works otherwise now 8-)
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland