These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Login/Account problems & issues

Post by usa_iww6k9rb
I joined Waze over a year ago. I do not believe my account was associated with an email address. When I switched to a new phone, because I cannot remember my password and there is no email address associated with it, I cannot recover my password. I took some screenshots of my waze account info before I moved to my new phone if it helps. My user ID was FENER34, rank 479 and had 81235 points. Can you help me recover my account please?
usa_iww6k9rb

POSTER_ID:16869614

Send a message

Post by usa_iww6k9rb
The question is that did they allow to signup without an email account because I have only a few email accounts and none worked for password recovery.

As far as proving it is my account, while not concrete evidence I can list the following
No one logged in with that account and the points did not change since then. (rank must have changed due to others gaining points.
The account in question gained the points in the area I am still living at and I doubt anyone else have a user ID even close to that which refers to my team and city from overseas.
I have screenshots of the login page and etc from my older phone showing the details.

Any support person with SQL knowledge and access to their database should be able to figure this out. If they store any information about the account on their services which I believe they do, I can verify those as well such as frequetly travelled places, addresses, and etc.
usa_iww6k9rb
Send a message

Post by usa_g0jaqadv
Sultanified wrote:I cannot login to my Waze account of the same name in the app. It keeps telling me my details are inaccurate, although I changed my password multiple times and still can't get it to work.

I tried connecting via FB and it just keeps loading forever. Same thing goes for login via phone number and it just keeps loading forever. For some reason, I cannot use my username and password to login to Waze web services (editor and forum) because it keeps telling me its wrong so here I am with FB login.

I've tried reinstalling the app but it still shows the same error. Waze worked perfectly fine before all this shitshow happened when I was logged out automatically after completing my drive.
I am having the same issue. It is so frustrating!
usa_g0jaqadv
Send a message

Post by usa_g0jaqadv
Sultanified wrote:I cannot login to my Waze account of the same name in the app. It keeps telling me my details are inaccurate, although I changed my password multiple times and still can't get it to work.

I tried connecting via FB and it just keeps loading forever. Same thing goes for login via phone number and it just keeps loading forever. For some reason, I cannot use my username and password to login to Waze web services (editor and forum) because it keeps telling me its wrong so here I am with FB login.

I've tried reinstalling the app but it still shows the same error. Waze worked perfectly fine before all this shitshow happened when I was logged out automatically after completing my drive.
usa_g0jaqadv
Send a message

Post by usa_7vm3afbo
57d08d6012a5414e9e83ea7f64fc9d82 wrote:Hi all,

Is anyone facing Waze unable to connect? Been tried to re-install the apps, update my ios to the latest version but still unable to connect. :(

Please help.

Thanks.
I am also having the same issue.
It started around Sunday. When I tried to use Waze, it only shows me the route and no ETA or traffic information, while my gf's Waze is working just fine.

Yesterday I tried to re-install the apps, but now I am unable to login or create a new account. When I click 'Get started', there's the 'Connecting' popup but nothing happens afterward.
I have tried to restart my iPhone and upgrading the iOS to no avail.

Please help to solve this problem as Waze is godsend for me.
Thanks!
usa_7vm3afbo
Send a message

Post by usa_53chz60t
Just picked up a new iPhone 7 plus, and tried to transfer my Waze account. Waze immediately erased my username (says someone else has it), despite the fact that I had selected "Already a Wazer" and authorized the account using the SMS authentication.

Very disappointed that Waze offers no way to directly contact technical support. Instead, they've taken my username, and completely erased five years of points from my Waze account.

Unless this issue is fixed for me, I'm going to switch to BuddyTraffic.

Username: NightKoder
usa_53chz60t
Send a message

Post by usa_06bg8url
Hello,

Last week, waze crashed while I was using it. When my android phone restarted, I was logged out. I logged back in with facebook. My account was wiped clean. No points, all my saved addresses gone, etc. Is there any way this can be recovered?
usa_06bg8url
Send a message

Post by twentyq
Hello, after I made this post - opened the app will my user mane got a sixth code
App open with my points & favorites

no idea how this happens.... but it does to me.

Thanks
twentyq
Send a message

Post by twentyq
Hello,
I don't understand "Forums" very well, so I am unsure if this is where this is to be entered...
But I am so very Frustrated with what has happened I am starting here
I don't want to give up this app - am "married" to it
Sometimes when I log In to the WebPage from a PC the app will setup and be useable
Today that did not even let me have anything but a "NEWBIE"
This month has been the "WORST" for crashing
Have run this almost 3 years with 230319 Points
Been suggested Phone is "Old" but I see Note 3 posts here
Thank you for any comments - ideas

7/21 verification code sent & restored first time
8/2 verification code sent & restored after two codes sent
8/7 verification code sent & restored after three codes sent
8/8 verification code sent & restored first time
8/13 verification code sent & restored after four codes sent
8/16 verification code sent & restored after three codes sent
This install took loading Waze 4.10.0.2 after working backwards from Waze 4.27 .0.1 to find a version which would run
It "crashed" 8/24 at 5:30pm
8/27 verification code sent & have NOT restored after five codes Attempts sent
twentyq
Send a message

Post by tweetyvogel
When one is using the Windows Phone app for Waze one is not able to connect to FB, the link will not open. tested on several Windows Phones (Phone 8.1 and 10) so one is not able to connect with friends on Waze and not able to receive ETA when one was using a different OS before!!

is this a known issue??
tweetyvogel
Send a message
Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.