Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RussPA
The best way to log in is when you see the Get Started screen, tap "Have an account? Log in" at the bottom of the screen, then tap "Log in with username" at the bottom of the "Account login" screen and enter your username/password.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
JustinJack1221 wrote:I have an old phone with 60 saved favourites etc. Last time I changed that phone I trued to port my waze account and it wasn't successful. I did it via phone number verification. I was able to get the 4 digit code but after logging in I got 'sorry, despite all our efforts we are unable to verify your account. It must be lost somewhere in the stratosphere...' Now, here I am again.
Favorites are not saved on your phone, they are saved on the server, so if you can log in with username/password on any other phone, your favorites will (eventually) show up. Username/password is the best bet to login, not phone number or Facebook or any other method. So if you did have a username, try logging in with that.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
If username/password works on a computer, it should work on phone as well. BOTH username and password are case sensitive, so be sure you are typing both in exactly as you typed them on your computer.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Have you tried your username instead of email, as LaukinisBriedis asked? Remember that the username and password are BOTH case sensitive.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
They are working for me right now. Try the editor: https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor/
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Username and password is your best option, the other methods tend to be unreliable at best. At the very bottom of the Account Login screen, tap "Log in with username". Remember, both are case sensitive.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
israel_pk3ccgrd wrote:When I enter my phone number and my code that I receive via the sms waze shows me my recognized account but when I approve the account the app just thinks for a couple of minutes and the shows me an error "stratosphere" message.
Phone number and Facebook are unreliable login methods, you should log in with your username and password instead (at the bottom of the Account Login screen, tap "Log in with username").
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
israel_pk3ccgrd wrote:I am sure now that I should use the user name login. The issue is that I have never used a user name and I do not know it ...
In that case, I am afraid there isn't much that can be done.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
Are there any special characters in your password? Are you entering your username and password both case-sensitive? If there were an issue we'd be seeing a lot of complaints oh, so it is likely something simple
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
world_emdolhnr wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:44 am Hi, ive got problem with my waze since 2-3 months... when i open the app its show me ,, Just a sec...'' and its stuck over there and dosent allow me to use the app... any solutions ?! Thanks i use Huawe p40 pro  :(

Have you tried going into your phone's app manager and deleting all data associated with Waze (be sure you know your username/password)?  Or uninstall/reinstall?  Do you have a good cellular signal?

RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US