These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.7

Post by
Ok, who has the change log for 4.7, released yesterday?

Found this from the beta, not sure if release is the same.

What's New:

The X button on parking lots page is now working
Preparing voice navigation stuck - Fixed
Brown map bug was fixed
Bug fixes
Stability fixes

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by amazone87
My gps doesn't work since my phone updated to android version 6.0 and waze to this version. I've reset my gps, doesn't work. My other programs have no problems with the gps, just waze.
amazone87
Send a message

Post by Dave89e30
Now I am getting a "Routing Server Error" on a planned trip that I have mapped out before this update...
Dave89e30
Send a message

Post by Daveed06
SpineDoc7 wrote:Have issues with waze miscalculating my position. It will put me on a side road parallel to the highway, or route me to make 2 u-turns and end up in the same direction, or other weird stuff. This is on a Note 7. I've ran Google Maps at the same time and don't have any errors with them so I know it's not my hardware.
I'm having the exact same problem. Any feedback on what's causing this? I'm using Galaxy S7
Daveed06
Send a message

Post by egikov
SpineDoc7 wrote:Have issues with waze miscalculating my position. It will put me on a side road parallel to the highway, or route me to make 2 u-turns and end up in the same direction, or other weird stuff. This is on a Note 7. I've ran Google Maps at the same time and don't have any errors with them so I know it's not my hardware.
I had this too. I uninstalled it, restarted the phone, installed it again and restarted. Now it works. Even though there are some other known problems like new weird routing (which is not a problem, but a feature) and my level. It shows me as a baby Wazer with a sword, so I can't change moods.
egikov
Send a message

Post by fishyweb
There is a horrible bug with 4.7 which affects navigation through areas of poor mobile data reception. It seems to affect the scenario where the drive starts in an area with good reception or wifi, allowing the route to be calculated and started. If the route then quickly goes through an area with no mobile reception near the start, the app locks up for several minutes. I.e. the map and voice instructions stop updating and the buttons are unresponsive. This obviously means that the drive is now unguided, which is pretty infuriating when in an unfamiliar area.

At some point later, when reception is regained, the map re-orientates itself, and the missed voice instructions are then announced in quick succession one after the other. The remainder of the drive then generally proceeds without problem, even if it passes through further areas of no reception. With a little luck, I will not have missed any turns during the period that the app was locked.

Incidentally, on one occasion when this occurred yesterday, my phone gave me the opportunity to send a report for the unresponsive app, which I did, so hopefully you can correlate that report with this email.

This problem has occurred quite a few times. It only seems to happen if reception is lost within the first couple of minutes of a drive.

I'm currently running Waze on a Moto Style X with Android 6.1.

I very much hope you can identify and fix the cause of this horrible bug. Let me know if I can provide further information.
fishyweb
Send a message

Post by ilenekm

I am having the same issue on a Samsung S6 Edge. Google maps doesn't have the same issues
ilenekm
Send a message

Post by kwildman001
Starting today (9/12/16), while having Waze open and navigating, I keep getting a sound of a new notification coming in, but nothing showing up in my notification tray at the top of my screen.

This happens every minute (or shorter intervals), and my commute is almost an hour each way...please, make it stop!

This morning it was closer to every 1-2 minutes, but just sitting in the parking lot before heading home it was far more frequent. Changing to 'alerts only' didn't change anything. Rebooting phone did not help, either.

Phone info: Samsung S7 Edge, standard Android Marshmallow OS (6.0.1) Waze version 4.7.
kwildman001
Send a message

Post by kwildman001
kwildman001 wrote:Starting today (9/12/16), while having Waze open and navigating, I keep getting a sound of a new notification coming in, but nothing showing up in my notification tray at the top of my screen.

This happens every minute (or shorter intervals), and my commute is almost an hour each way...please, make it stop!

This morning it was closer to every 1-2 minutes, but just sitting in the parking lot before heading home it was far more frequent. Changing to 'alerts only' didn't change anything. Rebooting phone did not help, either.

Phone info: Samsung S7 Edge, standard Android Marshmallow OS (6.0.1) Waze version 4.7.
Update: resolved issue! It was my phone, via Waze, trying to tell me that it couldn't connect via Bluetooth to my car. My car had been unpaired from the phone the day before, which was weird for it to be looking for it in Waze while my regular BT headset was fully functioning as normal.

The reason I couldn't figure it out was because the notification messages (grey box in lower part of the Waze screen that appears for error messages) often didn't appear at all or disappeared so fast after appearing I couldn't read them. It took about 12+ more pings at me before I was finally able to read "could not connect to 'Mazda'."

I completely turned off the Bluetooth system in my car, shut down Waze, cleared from recent apps, and restarted the app. No more issues since. :)
kwildman001
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
ninja98r wrote:Just wondering if landscape display issues have been fixed yet on Android. I've been holding on to ver 3.9.9.0 for a long long time now....
The following problems are persist in the landscape view mode since the inception of Waze GPS version:-
1) The traffic jam scrolling bar is shown in portrait view mode only but unable to be automatically displayed in landscape view mode;
2)The scrolling bar that indicates your Wazer friends who is/are also travelling to the same destination for a meet up is denoted in the portrait view mode only.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by low_wh74
My friend can easily view my shared drive (driving from location A to location B) but I can't view my friend who shares drive with me (driving from the same location B to the same location A) but instead I get the shared location A from my friend. What's wrong? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy A5 (Android 5.0.2)
low_wh74
Send a message