Disable POP-UPS while stopped

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Disable POP-UPS while stopped

Postby ultranutz » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:32 pm

simply amazes me how companies can come up with some of the most useful and intelligently planned out apps only to have them made absolutely useless by selling their souls to companies who's ads people do not want to see.

If you're going to cram unwanted ads down people's throats, then at least give them the ability to pay for an ad-less version; It's not rocket science.

If it wouldn't be for the police notifications (because I really like that sammy hagar tune) I would no longer use this app. I can use google maps navigation with TBT directions for free WITHOUT all the BS ads. Frustrating.
ultranutz

Postby fabryx73 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Perlin, why you don't reply to us with one of your best learned lessons?
fabryx73

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Pop-ups should no longer (again) be showing unrelated data.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby danofsatx » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:32 pm

I noticed this morning that the address was less than specific. I had a pop-up warning of debris on the road on I-10 E. I-10 E is a fairly long road - in fact, if I'm not mistaken it runs from Jacksonville, FL to Los Angeles, CA.
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby fabryx73 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Also for me, from yesterday, I'm receiving popups from outside my planned route.
My settings are:
- No group popups
- Notification only on route
Anyway, having popups that doesn't show the warning point on the map is very useless. I have to read the address of the event in order to understand if it is interesting or not. Months ago, when Waze was better, popups were on the right place on the map.
I't is also courious that all popups notifications follows a marketing popup.
Very disappointed with all this!
(But I'm still disappointed also for the bad, useless and wrong explanations that Perlin gave me about the popup reports some time ago :evil: :evil: :evil: )
fabryx73

Postby Kuhlkatz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 pm

This was reported as fixed about an hour ago in the experts forum.
Stationary pop-ups was not limited just to the route, but showed unrelated info as well since yesterday.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Nocty wrote:I am starting to see pop ups (when before I wasn't) for items >50km away in the opposite direction, not even close to an area that I've driven in (with or without Waze). I have checked the appropriate settings (as mentioned here and in the FAQ) and cannot see why it has changed after a month or so of no problems.

Try turning off the Group popups. Under Settings / Social / Pop-up reports / None

The group popups will show you reports made by members of your group regardless of where the reports were made and where you are.
jasonh300

Postby Nocty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:33 am

I am starting to see pop ups (when before I wasn't) for items >50km away in the opposite direction, not even close to an area that I've driven in (with or without Waze). I have checked the appropriate settings (as mentioned here and in the FAQ) and cannot see why it has changed after a month or so of no problems.
Nocty

Postby danofsatx » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 pm

I noticed the same thing, this morning. I was 1.2 miles from my set destination (work), yet the pop ups were for incidents clear on the other side of town, one 16 miles away! If I'm closer to my destination than the report, which isn't even on the route to my destination, then why is it being displayed?
danofsatx
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby mwburn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I live in a fairly "sparse" waze area (I rarely see any other wazers on the map), and today for the first time in 6 months, I got a popup while stopped and it was for an incident 30 miles away and in the opposite direction I was heading (my radius setting is 5 miles).

I concur.
mwburn

Next

Return to Waze App