Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Car stopped on road

Post by julienparis86
Hi all

We can report a car stopped on shoulder but not on road.

It should be added, do you agree ?

Julien
julienparis86

POSTER_ID:4428970

Send a message
[img]https:///mSz3t[/img]
Editions sur l'Est de l'Ile de France
Twitter : @JulienParis86

Post by NinjaKid2002
That's what I initially thought. Except, of it's a street without a hard shoulder then Wazers can assume it's in the way. On,y time that this is true is when a car fully breaks down in the middle of a motorway with hard shoulder, and that only happens every so often. In that situation you tend to be going so slowly that you can free-text in the comments.

I think they should have more icons for the reports so that users can quickly see if it's an object on the road or construction rather than a car on the shoulder or a missing sign without having to tap it.
NinjaKid2002
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
Soccarfr wrote:Hi all

We can report a car stopped on shoulder but not on road.

It should be added, do you agree ?

Julien
+1

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jpborjas
Good point. I live in Atlanta, GA, and in my daily commute, I go through 6 and 7 lane highways, were cars stopped on shoulder, are so out of the way, that it's not an issue. I agree, people should not post those, when they don't affect traffic. I also agree with the first post, there should be a quick way to post cars stopped on the road.
jpborjas
Send a message