These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone App Crashes a lot on 3GS

Post by dbkguy
Any chance your coming out with a new version for the iPhone? The app crashes on me all the time, not to mention it's as dumb at figuring out directions as a toddler.

I'm trying to help by using it, but it's starting to get frustrating. It doesn't seem to be learning. It would be different if my route was the same all the time, but it isn't.

It would be nicer if some things were a little bigger, like miles to go.
dbkguy

POSTER_ID:3819

Send a message

Post by cobra
How is your local data connectivity? The iphone app seems to exit on me once in a while if I lose the network while traveling.
cobra
Send a message

Post by FTBoomer
Odd, I too have a 3GS and it rarely crashes on me. Do you have any type of memory programs? I use Memory Info and I've found that my memory can drop down into the 30MB range so I run MI and it gets back up to the 140MB range. Either that or do a re-boot before running Waze, this frees up memory as well.

Not sure this is your particular issue but I have only had one crash and I've now clocked over 53,000 points and 700 miles. During a lot of those I was also running the iPhone iPod but not always.
FTBoomer
Send a message
https://www.ssbn640.com/neowinsig.jpg
Area Manager - Florida
iPhone 4

Post by gforce
Yeah if I try to have it route me it crashes constantly. I just let it run when Im driving hoping it will help further the development of the app but overall cant use it the way it is meant cause of all the bugs
gforce
Send a message

Post by krankyd
Gforce wrote:Yeah if I try to have it route me it crashes constantly. I just let it run when Im driving hoping it will help further the development of the app but overall cant use it the way it is meant cause of all the bugs
[*]
Sory to hear you're having all these problems - we are working on the next update and if you'd like to join the beta testing please send alpha@waze.com your UUID.
As per your question - simply driving around with the app definitely speeds up the development and improvement of the map.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by KW33D
The only crashes I have had are when roads in my area are so badly broken that when Waze tries to re-route it ends upcrashing. 75% of the time I can get Waze to crash in a specific area. Still waiting on a few fixes to go live. Other than that I have had no crashes (besides the well known reporting bug on the iPhone).
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by KW33D
krankyd wrote:As per your question - simply driving around with the app definitely speeds up the development and improvement of the map.
I can second that. I now have no crashes on the route that previously crashed every time. Waze will eventually update itself and the map bug causing the crash should correct itself.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message