These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.9

Post by RussPA
Version 4.9 just released today.

What's New:
New feature in Israel and Pittsburgh - Waze tunnels - If you drive in Carmel tunnels in Israel OR Fort Pitt tunnel / Liberty tunnel in Pittsburgh, please help us to test the new tunnels setup and let us know if you experience any issues
Critical signup crash was fixed - Please try to use and verify all login and signup scenarios- you're help is needed here
Stability fixes
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by low_wh74
cabledude9914 wrote:I run waze on a wifi google nexus tablet connected to a verizon mifi hotspot. I never had any issues until the update. now it will say no network connection across the top of the screen. If i close the app and re open it will work fine for a while then the same thing will happen and i have to reopen the app. When it says no network connetction all my other apps connect fine so i know the internet connection is working fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the results are the same.
Logically, as long as the internet connection or WiFi isn't stable, any app will not be performing properly. Once the red "Searching network" remark that is shown on the top of the WAZE map is vanished, WAZE is back to its good shape.
low_wh74
Send a message

Post by metal_man
Hello all,

I am running Waze on my Note 5, android. When I start out somewhere where there is a set speed limit (IE my work where it's 20mph) then go to a road where there isn't a speed set, the speed limit sign (20mph in my case) stays in the corner, blocking the speedometer.

The only way I have found to make it go away is to restart Waze. I'm not too sure, but I think it only happens if I exceed the speed limit before turning onto a road without the speed limit set. My wife has also had this issue a few times.

Thanks for reading, I'll answer any questions to help.
metal_man
Send a message

Post by mifisarte
arh106 wrote:Using Waze in the UK on my Galaxy S7, at every single motorway junction Waze detects me as exiting the slip road and needing to rejoin the route even though I haven't deviated from the route marked prior to the slip road. Is this a known fault?
Same problem here.

MOTO G2 Android 6.0

Enviado do meu K01H através de Tapatalk
mifisarte
Send a message

Post by mumble613
Phone overheat and shutdown after 30 minutes. Not happening on previous version. I enable GPS only location.
mumble613
Send a message

otofoto
Send a message

Post by PhoenixofMT
Can the Nexus 5X get some love for its camera? All pictures post upside down. The geniuses at LG mounted it 180 degrees from literally every other camera ever put in a phone. This is a well-known issue and apparently it's up to the individual app developers to figure out how to use the API properly. I want to be able to contribute place photos again!
metal_man wrote:... the speed limit sign (20mph in my case) stays in the corner, blocking the speedometer.
I'm seeing similar behavior on my 5X. When I get on the freeway, the sign pops up to tell me the limit is 75mph and sits there until it's kicked off by a speeding alert (meaning I have to get up to about 79mph to kick it off). I usually only drive 70 for fuel efficiency, and revving to 80 just to un-bug my app on a 3-mile drive is ridiculous. When I got off the freeway today the sign changed to the highway speed limit of 50, then 60 mph. Since my turnoff is only a short distance after the 60 sign, the speedometer was still blocked when I pulled into my parking space.

The limit update alerts don't seem to pop up very reliably either. Getting on the freeway is the most common, but sometimes it'll happen in town too. Whenever they do, I have to speed to get my speedo back. If the limit is 25 and I only have to hit 26 to kick it off, it's not a big deal. On the freeway, though....
PhoenixofMT
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by RussPA
Sibstr wrote:In this latest version of Waze I can't removed item from a favorites list. Someone else has the same problem or is this a bug in my instalation?
Tap the three dots to the right of the favorite you want to delete, then tap "Remove". Works in my app.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
zfhrufzu wrote:having Waze 4.9.0.1 on Android 6.0.1, the parking lot search/view buttons are just not there. (On another phone this works in the same geographical area).
The parking lot feature is not fully functional yet, so give them some time to finalize it and then they'll roll it out completely.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
DroneBuster wrote:When logged in on new Nexus 5x I'm shown as baby wazer with sword. It doesn't let me change my mood.
As has been said many times, when you log into a new phone, it may take several days for all your stats to catch up to normal.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US